Tank Level Monitoring and Senders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3rdOrderEffect

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Elysium
Vessel Make
2003 Camano Troll
I have two 35 gallon freshwater tanks that are currently unmonitored and a 15 gallon waste tank that has a full indicator LED only. I would like to proportionally monitor all three tanks on a Blue Sea 1839 M2 monitor which I have not yet purchased, but I like the form factor and the versatility of it. I'm looking for recommendations as to senders - the freshwater tanks have no senders currently as mentioned and have basically no access to the top of them without creating it, so I'd like to avoid that. The blackwater tank has top access via a removable floor panel but very little clearance over it so a sender coming out the top could protrude no more than say 1/4" (the current Tankwatch system sender is basically flush with the top of the tank, and just the wires protrude).

For these reasons I'd like to go with external senders. My research points me toward the SCAD external sender (SCAD External Tank Sensor - e Marine Systems) being a good option. SCAD makes a monitor for two tanks, but I do not particularly like its display. Are there others I should consider? I also cannot confirm they will work with the Blue Sea 1839 but I cant find a reason in its documentation why they wouldn't either.

I have a Scad monitor on our holding tank and it is super easy to install and works great. Have no idea if the sender works with Blue Seas or not. Did you call Blue Seas to ask?

Back
Top Bottom