TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or a craft beer bottle in your honor Ted.

So,consensus achieved?:whistling:

I like the idea of a line drawing of a trawler. It would have to be overly simplified, and I'm not much of an artist, so I can not offer a better example.

Ok count me in for the TF burgee. We will also be flying the City of Apalachicola flag off the mast. We are a little dented from Michael but will recover soon. Our new to us boat is in Savannah but moving to Brunswick soon. We will christen it the “Grand Apalach” once home. I love this forum.

Ok count me in for the TF burgee. We will also be flying the City of Apalachicola flag off the mast. We are a little dented from Michael but will recover soon. Our new to us boat is in Savannah but moving to Brunswick soon. We will christen it the “Grand Apalach” once home. I love this forum.

Just an addition. Our friends to the west, Port St. Joe, Mexico Beach and Panama City are in much worse shape. Keep them in your thoughts. It is always a tentative thing living on the coast.

The trouble with signals, is that they are signals:

T= Keep Clear, engaged in pair trawling
F=Disabled, Communicate with me

Now those may at times be relevant, but generally, if flown as a burgee, not so much.

Technically 'TF' together means 'I am shooting purse seine.' Since I don't really know what that even means, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't ever apply to me. That said, the display of two standard, individual signal flags might mean something, but if they're stylized and squished together on a pennant, it's meaningless by international standards.

Besides, nobody carries a Pub. 102 aboard, so even if you were trying to communicate with someone, you likely wouldn't be able to anyway. I doubt that would even be an effective way to communicate with the Navy at this point.

Also, some codes that might be relevant here:

MCY - Patient has mental symptoms
MJD - Patient has flatulence

Trawler owners will know a "purse seine" is a kind of trawling net, likely French origin.

And I have the T-shirt somewhere around here too.

attachment.php

That's it! It goes back to the ol' John and Doug days of TF! Simple but classy!

attachment.php

That's it! It goes back to the ol' John and Doug days of TF! Simple but classy!

Hijack alert:

Flywright I really like your newish avatar. The Golden Gate is my all time favourite bridge. It must be a bit of a buzz sailing under it.

End of Hijack, back to the gratuitous insults. :angel:

Prototype TF Burgee

I'm clearly no graphic artist, but if there still is serious interest here is a simple prototype idea. Need to get some red in there, perhaps the trawler has a red hull?

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
My sister is a graphic designer. I just hired her to bang together a few concepts :D

What sorts of things would you like to see in a burgee? Any colors in particular? Just one color? Two? 56? Do you prefer the triangular pennant? Swallow tail? Traditional rectangular shape? Do you like the signal flag motif? How do you feel about text? Should the website be listed on there? How about a line drawing of a trawler? A broken impeller? An anchor? A propeller? A skull with a pink hat over a crossed boat hooks? A single lonely stolen boat shoe?

Any ideas or thoughts welcome!

Well if you guys ever figure out what you want I'll buy one....

I like the idea of a line drawing of a trawler. It would have to be overly simplified, and I'm not much of an artist, so I can not offer a better example.

That would be fine for you since it looks like your boat. :rofl: Don't exclude us motoryacht members. Yea, this is the TRAWLER Forum, there are lots of us non-trawler owners that use this as our boating home base :flowers::flowers:

Might want to incorporate the TF logo that appears on the upper left of this screen.

Hijack alert:

Flywright I really like your newish avatar. The Golden Gate is my all time favourite bridge. It must be a bit of a buzz sailing under it.

End of Hijack, back to the gratuitous insults. :angel:

Thanks, Andy. I like that they painted it to match my boat. :D

Well, can’t we just hank our satin TF bowling jackets to the mast like the West Coast guys do?

Attachments

• 7791DDA7-4D8A-4851-9D30-8525FF39374A.jpg
    7791DDA7-4D8A-4851-9D30-8525FF39374A.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 63
Something like this would sell for about $50-$60. I could consider having 50 of them made up if y'all are interested. But I don't want to be stuck with 40 :D

Attachments

• TFBurgee.jpg
    TFBurgee.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 62
Healhustler. I was thinking my TF underwear, the pair without stains.

Any thing you guys come up I will buy one.

Two suggestions. The goal here is to use the logo colors, but simplify. The one with the text looks good here, but then it's a 2-sided burgee, hard to read from a distance, and probably would cost a lot more.

4339-albums438-picture4805.jpg

4339-albums438-picture4804.jpg

Graphic on post #161 reminds me of the Corinth canal.

Last edited:
Graphic on post #161 reminds me of the Corinth canal.

Now Mark, don't be silly. That's the Okeechobee Waterway down here in FL. Late afternoon. Should be palm trees though. Artistic license I guess. :)

I still pick this direct and to the point TF burgee design from post #27... "rochepoint"

Something like this would sell for about $50-$60. I could consider having 50 of them made up if y'all are interested. But I don't want to be stuck with 40 :D

I like it!! I'd buy one:thumb:

I still pick this direct and to the point TF burgee design from post #27... "rochepoint"
That is pretty and many favor it.
Id suggest shooting one if the burgee makers a copy to review and price it.
I'll guess it would be alk embroidered and would be 2 layers to get double sided... bottom line likely $100 or more if doable w text colors etc.
I have no idea but a check would be worth it before trying to get a concensus.
Just a thought.???

That is pretty and many favor it.
Id suggest shooting one if the burgee makers a copy to review and price it.
I'll guess it would be alk embroidered and would be 2 layers to get double sided... bottom line likely $100 or more if doable w text colors etc.
I have no idea but a check would be worth it before trying to get a concensus.
Just a thought.???

Agreed!

And, I guess owners of TF would be in favor or burgee using exact copy of their monogram??!! Don't want to step on anyone's toes, or swamp our own dink! - LOL

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents worth;
I suggest a pennant shaped burgee with the TF colors of gold, black and maroon. On this field of color place the TF "anchor" only---no words at all. I don't think a burgee should be a form of advertising. Those of us who use the forum will recognize the burgee, others may ask what it is, and it won't need to be double sided. I would draw one but I am so artistically lame. Thanks

Greetings,
Mr. hm. I tend to side with you on the simplicity aspect and agree that the TF logo would be a form of advertising that we, the members, would be paying for. IF, on the other hand, the owners of TF would foot the bill for the "advertising", I'm all for it and would like two (2) please...

200.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom