So what did you get - boating stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
So I hope you got some good boating gifts.

I got a sweater made in Lund BC that is the mariner cardigan. So zip up and one sleeve is red, the other sleeve is green. Now if I'm in doubt of starboard and port lighting, I can just look at my cardigan.

Some small rectangular pizza stones, two of which I will place in my Force 10 oven to retain heat when the door is open and to spread the heat out more evenly.

And a gift certificate at my local chandlery. And you locals will know what I'm talking about, "Ports and Passes" 2021.

My wife gave me a decal with the boat’s name in the particular font I’ve spent years searching for.

So finally after 6 years, she will be properly named.

Matching wind vests w boat name was it. Otherwise our gift is some gel coat repairs

My wife got me another Native carving that will go aboard to add to our small collection.

My wife gave me a decal with the boat’s name in the particular font I’ve spent years searching for.

So finally after 6 years, she will be properly named.

Your wife?

I certainly received the most interesting boating gift I've ever received, this year. Some may have read the story of how our Blue Healer "Weasel" fell/jumped overboard in some rough puget sound water a few months ago. We didn't even realize it, thinking she'd run down to the forward state room to hop on the bed. Only discovered she was gone when we pulled into the boat house. Miracle or miracles, she managed to swim to shore and was rescued by a vacationing animal control officer from Walla Walla.

This christmas she mailed us a package. One item was a new life vest for Weasel, marked "Gig Harbor Swim Team Captain Weasel". Another was a T shirt for me marked "Proud Dog Dad of Gig Harbor Swim Team Captain Weasel." Totally blew me away.

Nothing really for the boat as I usually just buy whatever we need for the boat but I did get an 86” TV for football. Love it. Well the TV came indirectly from a boat related purchase. Costco had LiFePO4 batteries on an incredible sale so we joined. Then we thought we ought to go to a store since we joined. And as we walked into the store they had these huge TVs right in front... I was thinking about a 75” but my wife assumed I wanted the 86” so who was I to disappoint her.

Last edited:
Nothing...hiking/exercise theme year.

I got a dock for my boat!

:dance:

D41DC9DE-AA66-4516-B364-B2A428C0359F.jpg

I got 3 new pilings for our dock!!

Attachments

• IMG_8863.jpg
    IMG_8863.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8859.jpg
    IMG_8859.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 43
600 gal of fuel!

600 gal of fuel!

What a great gift.

A massive bottle of Captain Morgan Black!

A ton of dockwa dollars! With any luck, we may even get to use them this year.

Two new CO2 canisters for portable horns.

Keep one horn on our tow behind runabout

One in my Hot Rod truck! For when I decide to jump-start a lingering texter in front of me at a stop light... that turned green! I hold it out the side window and give a couple blasts. They move right a way!

I had a custom designed, and made "wing" for my instrument panel at the helm. Later, I will add the actual analog instruments. I dont know how much it cost because I have not gotten the bill. I do know it will be one BIG ASS bill.
I gotta stop doing custom cabinetry on my boat.

New dish set, new silverware set and a new dock rug!

I certainly received the most interesting boating gift I've ever received, this year. Some may have read the story of how our Blue Healer "Weasel" fell/jumped overboard in some rough puget sound water a few months ago. We didn't even realize it, thinking she'd run down to the forward state room to hop on the bed. Only discovered she was gone when we pulled into the boat house. Miracle or miracles, she managed to swim to shore and was rescued by a vacationing animal control officer from Walla Walla.

This christmas she mailed us a package. One item was a new life vest for Weasel, marked "Gig Harbor Swim Team Captain Weasel". Another was a T shirt for me marked "Proud Dog Dad of Gig Harbor Swim Team Captain Weasel." Totally blew me away.
What an awesome pair of gifts. Great story, great outcome and very thoughtful rescuer.

GS

600 gal of fuel!

Buying fuel is like buying ammo for a gun.
It may become scarce and very expensive in the very near future so you are afraid to use it. LOL

Buying fuel is like buying ammo for a gun.
It may become scarce and very expensive in the very near future so you are afraid to use it. LOL

During this decade: Entire liquid "fuel-source" spectrum will alter as never before anticipated.

We bought ourselves a BOAT so we can have something to buy for next year!:dance:

LAG Hyvibe smart guitar...... essential boat equipment.

A new iPad. It is half of my new Furuno wireless radar system. I'll have to buy the dome myself.

pete

A minute heat gun specially made for shrinking waterproof connectors on wiring. Runs on a rechargeable cigarette lighter butane cylinder and is smaller than the palm of your hand . Friend had one I saw when helping him wire in cockpit speakers in Dominica. Wife heard me wow that’s a neat piece of kit. No black or char on the connector and you can wiggle it in anywhere. That was 3 years ago but wife remembered. Guess she loves me and that’s the greatest gift.

A minute heat gun specially made for shrinking waterproof connectors on wiring. Runs on a rechargeable cigarette lighter butane cylinder and is smaller than the palm of your hand . Friend had one I saw when helping him wire in cockpit speakers in Dominica. Wife heard me wow that’s a neat piece of kit. No black or char on the connector and you can wiggle it in anywhere. That was 3 years ago but wife remembered. Guess she loves me and that’s the greatest

Back
Top Bottom