Thoughts on MFDs and Radar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsvanwin

I will be replacing a 20 year old radar and plotter with new this winter and am interested in your recommendations for a recreational coastal cruiser aboard a 42' Bristol. Would love to get two mfds (bridge and main helm) and radar. What are you pleased with and what should I steer away from?

As I have said many times before. I always recommend Furuno systems, they have always had the best customer service and support.

Hard to argue against Fruno. Others are cheaper but are they a better value?

My Raymarine system is now 20 years old and has always done the job. While I can’t see any justification for replacing it, I also can’t say I would go with Raymarine again. So often the decision has a lot to do with what is on sale.

Gotcha and Azzurra, Thanks for the comments about Furuno. I'm relatively new to TrawlerForum and appreciate your speedy response.

I went with Garmin, I found it easy to understand and use. I have never used Furuno so I have no input on that.

I have had excellent support from Raymarine. I have had them in our last 4 or 5 boats. They replaced an 8+ year old depth sounder module because they had issues with that particular unit. But it was 8 years old, who does that? I like the new wireless Quantum 2 radars. You only have to run power to the unit, no big data cable plug. And it only uses 17 watts of power.

Back
Top Bottom