Pairadice and ASD Alaska Adventure 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off to Northern B.C. Cape Caution today.

Attachments

• 20170512_064334.jpg
    20170512_064334.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 95
Hope your run past Cape Caution goes smooooothly.

Are you zipping straight to Alaska, or are you going to meander around BC's central and north coasts for a bit?

Stopping in Hartly bay, but more or less zipping north.

Have a great trip!

Is the horizon and shore disappearing behind swells yet?

How cool is this? Blueberry oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Loving this cruiesing thing. 20170512_082739.jpg

How cool is this? Blueberry oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Loving this cruiesing thing. View attachment 64669

Shocked is the word I would choose, One would have thought a 'Eye Opener' after all the recorded 'Cocktail' activity. Thinking that you and the full crew will require AAA intervention arriving in Alaska, or Where ever, you end up:rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::D

How cool is this? Blueberry oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Loving this cruiesing thing. View attachment 64669

Wifey B: Yuck. :hide: Oatmeal? Not much of an oatmeal eater or really any cereal, but if that's what you like, fine. Oh, plus don't drink coffee. So, glad you enjoyed. I might have chosen something else. :)

What I can associate with is just the wonderment of a nice simple breakfast while cruising along and enjoying the beauty outside. It's sort of like a reminder, I'm here, look what I'm doing, omg this is so fun. Yay. :dance:

Makes you sort of dance inside. :D

Smooth as a baby's behind.

Wifey B: Now, that's smooth. Well, unless the baby has a rash or something. :eek:

I always wonder who came up with some of these phrases. They've been around forever and we all use them but sometimes in connotations where they really make no sense. The language is a strange and interesting thing. I consider it just a way to communicate and if it does that, it's good. And certainly we all got the picture of how smooth. Than I also pictured a baby's behind and that sort of threw me. :confused: :lol:

Wifey B: Yuck. :hide: Oatmeal? Not much of an oatmeal eater or really any cereal, but if that's what you like, fine. Oh, plus don't drink coffee. So, glad you enjoyed. I might have chosen something else. :)

Hm... no coffee huh? Not sure I can trust anyone that doesn't share my coffee addiction.

Full disclosure; I like oatmeal as well.

Hm... no coffee huh? Not sure I can trust anyone that doesn't share my coffee addiction.

Full disclosure; I like oatmeal as well.

Wifey B: I grew up eating it, although more often cold cereals. I was always told I wasn't old enough for coffee. :lol:

The crossing at Cape Caution was awesome! Best I have had. Smooth all the way across. The swells stary building a little by the time we got to Calvert Island. Sitting in Perth Bay. I anchored in front of a blow boat and he was not happy. Little close maybe, but I was willing to pull my anchor and move until he started to insult me. "Your diesels are asphyxiating us!" I told him right up to that point I was going to be a nice and move my boat. Not now. I will also be running my generator til 10 PM too. Jerk.....

Glad you had a smooth run :)

Are you going to take the short hike to the beach on the west side of the island?

I anchored in front of a blow boat and he was not happy. Little close maybe, but I was willing to pull my anchor and move until he started to insult me. "Your diesels are asphyxiating us!" I told him right up to that point I was going to be a nice and move my boat. Not now. I will also be running my generator til 10 PM too. Jerk.....

Was his comment that "your diesels are asphyxiating us" the extent of his insults? If you were close, and directly upwind, it would be annoying to be breathing diesel fumes at anchor.

The crossing at Cape Caution was awesome! Best I have had. Smooth all the way across. The swells stary building a little by the time we got to Calvert Island. Sitting in Perth Bay. I anchored in front of a blow boat and he was not happy. Little close maybe, but I was willing to pull my anchor and move until he started to insult me. "Your diesels are asphyxiating us!" I told him right up to that point I was going to be a nice and move my boat. Not now. I will also be running my generator til 10 PM too. Jerk.....

How close did you anchor? Was there really no other choice?

There is plenty of room beteen us. I have run into these extremists in the past. The hate motor boats. I have been screamed at for running my generator during the middle of the day. When I first arrived there was another blow boat behind this guy, anchored in such a way there was not much room. Somewhere I picked up that the Institute did not want you to anchor on the north side due to float planes. Otherwise I would have parked there. I was willing to move until he became a smartass. I have a lot of friends who are sail boaters and they have told me of these extremists (purists?) who believe motorboats are bad, especially older trawlers. Again I was willing to move, now based on his rudeness I am staying put.

There is about 150 to 200 feet between us. We are both swing fine with no issues. While I was visiting Crusty, this guys friend pulls in. Could it be I took his spot? Don't know.

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you,

not because they are nice but because you are." Anonymous

Alaskan Sea-Duction; said:
I anchored in front of a blow boat and he was not happy.
I thought Hartley Bay was a tad ambitious.

Is your new best friend Morning Star?

For entertainment purposes, I wonder if we might find him on a sailing forum and eves drop on that conversation.:eek:

Tom,

Greetings from Friday Harbor.

I recall there was someone screaming at you about your generator in an anchorage last year as well...I see a pattern developing :nonono:

If your are not nice the good sailor might leave his halyard slapping against his mast...

:popcorn:

Jeff

If your are not nice the good sailor might leave his halyard slapping against his mast...

Lol, so true. As a sailor I am always amazed how some can hear, and be bothered by, the soft hum of a distance generator, yet not hear the loud metallic clang of a halyard slap.

Woke up this morning and he moved to the other side of the bay. Yes Morning Star. The wife made brownies with our stinky suffocating diesel smoke gennerator running the electric oven.

Mmmm I think I will take the blow boats some brownies and invite them over for cocktails later.

Woke up this morning and he moved to the other side of the bay. Yes Morning Star. The wife made brownies with our stinky suffocating diesel smoke gennerator running the electric oven.

Mmmm I think I will take the blow boats some brownies and invite them over for cocktails later.

Very nice idea. However, you may have to explain what those cold, clear, objects are floating in the glass. Until this year, I didn't know drinks could have ice on a boat. ;-)

So amazed that you are rushing through and missing some of the most wonderful cruising ground in the world......stop and smell the roses[emoji1063][emoji173][emoji1063]

So amazed that you are rushing through and missing some of the most wonderful cruising ground in the world......stop and smell the roses[emoji1063][emoji173][emoji1063]

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Shhhhh...let the riff-raff rocket through so we can have those hidden treasures to ourselves!

Smitty,

Last year we cruised most of BC for 4 months. Had a great time and saw a lot.
If you go to our blog you will most likely see we visited a ton of places. This year its about getting up North, killing fish, and seeing as much of SE Alaska as we can. Should be heading back through BC early August and then we will spend a month or so visiting some of our favorite places again.

We are now in Shearwater, will probably be here for the Night, then on to Khutze for a few days to enjoy some great crabbing.

Oh by the way, its still friggin raining. LOL

Oh by the way, its still friggin raining. LOL

You guys earned your BC badge last year for sure.

Snow dropped down to the 3,000' level on the mountains last night. Brrrrr. Last year this time half the leaves had fallen off the alder trees it was so hot & dry. Typical north coast wild & crazy stuff :thumb:

Enjoy your romp through to Alaska!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom