Yacht Clubs--good or bad idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deleted out of respect to the OP.....

Last edited:
Senor RT. Spot on, where did that comment about the super bowl come from?

BTW I visit McDonalds from time to time, I pick carefully besides I have a share or two of stock so it makes it even cheaper food. :)

ASD. With players now getting paid things might change.

Been a member of Royal Perth Yacht Club (in Australia) for near 25 years now. There is the usual sail vs power rivalry and every club has it's peculiar members. But, overall have enjoyed it. Have made some great friends over the years where we share a passion for boating. If you like travelling, then the biggest benefit is the near automatic introduction to any other yacht club in the world. Most yacht clubs tend to be located on prime real estate for the best views. All will have a bar and most have pretty good restaurants, again with views to die for in some of the best places in the world. Some even have accommodation, again in great locations, with sensible prices. And I you have to do in most cases is flash your membership card. Some clubs like to see a letter of introduction (i.e. New York, Monaco), but that's OK to organise if you plan your travels ahead. I don't recall any yacht clubs where we have not been warmly welcomed.

For all those trying to declare the NFL dead, a few facts. Super Bowl had 102 million viewers, 41.7% of all households and that's not counting Spanish broadcasts or streaming.

Oh and the poor, failing NFL only generated about $16 billion in revenue in 2019.

Just because TF isn't big on the NFL doesn't mean others aren't.

Sports bring a lot of people pleasure and many who enjoy watching sports on television because they can't afford to go to the games are the same ones who can't afford boats.

I can afford a boat, but not NFL game tickets or most EasCoastcYacht clubs I have visited. :)

The party I was at, about 10% were interested in the game, 90% the party.

I can afford a boat, but not NFL game tickets or most EasCoastcYacht clubs I have visited. :)

The party I was at, about 10% were interested in the game, 90% the party.

I still like the button on my Tivo that skips the game and only goes to the commercials and the half time show.

A nearby club that we used to belong to shares their activity/event calendar with our club and our members are always invited to their functions and we invited them to ours.

I noted they have 9 party events on the schedule but zero cruises. That's part of the reason we quit their club and joined the one we're now members of. If all I wanted to do was own a boat so I'd have a place to hang out and get drunk I'm pretty sure I could do that without having to join a club.

A nearby club that we used to belong to shares their activity/event calendar with our club and our members are always invited to their functions and we invited them to ours.

I noted they have 9 party events on the schedule but zero cruises. That's part of the reason we quit their club and joined the one we're now members of. If all I wanted to do was own a boat so I'd have a place to hang out and get drunk I'm pretty sure I could do that without having to join a club.

Pretty sure you can hang out and get drunk without owning a boat.

Yeah, I know I can, but getting drunk is not my thing. If I have to move the boat I don't have anything alcoholic before or during the trip. My motto is "Anchor's down, bottoms up."

I guess one could say I'm more of a boater than a drinker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom