Woman's 911 call from a mile away rescues 3 fishermen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miz Trom

Guru
Vessel Make
Seaway
Let's see if this works. I subscribe to the NYTimes, which lets me "gift" articles to social media. I don't use social media, so I thought I would try "gifting" a boat rescue story here.

Please let me know if y'all can read this article without the Times paywall. It's about an observant woman who called 911 when she thought she saw a fishing boat go down. She saved three fisherman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/...zP0zf75GyHus6conawJ-83q4asmnnw&smid=url-share

I can see the article. And, BTW, TF is social media.

Hi Fr8dog -

Thank you for letting me know it worked. That's great.

I should have clarified that I don't use the links to the particular social media sites that are provided by the NYtimes, which are Facebook and Twitter. And you are correct, TF is social media, although I consider this place to be a bit more sociable than Facebook or Twitlandia.

Pretty crazy story, the way those commercial dredging workers were thrown overboard so suddenly they couldn't radio for help.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Last edited:
Yes, it is a crazy story. It just goes to show that if it’s not your day, it’s just not your day!

As for the social media. The only one of the venues that most people refer to as social media that I have a prescience on is facebook, and I don’t post. My union local (an ALPA union) posts news there. I follow advrider.com (motorcycle forum) and post regularly there avoiding politics and religion. I’m also on the Donzi forum, a Mercedes forum, a couple of brand specific motorcycle forums, and an antique aluminum boat forum.

Thanks for posting the interesting story!

Amazing story. Maybe should always wear those inflatable vests?

Love the safeboats circling. I got a demo ride from the factory test driver and it scared the heck out of me. So maneuverable. In a 360 tight circle he carved a hole in the water. And the high sped turns… yikes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom