Where to Find a Cummings Thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillZe

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Migration
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 34 Double Cabin Yacht Trawler
My thermostat stopped working on my 1974 Marine Trader Yacht Trawler DC 34. I am in Florida so I just removed it but would like to replace it and can’t find one. I currently run at about 120-130 degrees. 1. Any ideas where to find one? I’ve tried all over. 2. Will it hurt my engine running at that temp? Again, I’m in Florida so it will never be that cold. My engine is a 1968 Cummings triple nickel 205 hp…

Diesel Pro Power, Inc. 760 NW 4th. Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33128 1-888-433-4735

https://dieselpro.com

I don't know if this would help, but it's spelled Cummins. No "g"

(Maybe that's not the issue and it's actually a rare one; if so, never mind)

I don't know if this would help, but it's spelled Cummins. No "g"

(Maybe that's not the issue and it's actually a rare one; if so, never mind)

Sorry, I was a few Yuenglings in when I posted that. Lol

Surely there must be a Cummins dealer on the west coast of FL
First alternative, write down all the information from the reverse water pump plate, put it in your maintenance log.
Then flip the plate over. If it fits properly, clean off all the identifying information and use the plate.

It is his thermostat ,not the water pumps.

I have one of these engines also. It is a 1976 naturally aspirated unit.

T.S. part number 135675 normal temp 170o
T.S. seal 186780
T.S. gasket 554896

Maybe the P/N will help them find the parts.
You will need all three pieces for each stat.

Note: the engines need TWO stats, one for each head. When you find a dealer who can help then get the two as the other may not be that far behind...

If you need the parts book send me a PM through the site with your Email address and I will Email the book to you. Click on my site name, C lectric in the reply and a drop down box will appear.

The file at just over 7 mb won't load through the site.

120o is too cold for a good running engine. Stats usually do more than what we think. They FORCE coolant to enter the heat exhanger as the stat heats by opening a port but also force coolant circulation through the engine by closing ports as one opens.

Last edited:
Or would that be Yuenlins? :lol:

Looks like the rest of the gang here had some good suggestions. Bring on the correct thermostat.

Haha! Thanks everyone!

It is his thermostat ,not the water pumps.

I have one of these engines also. It is a 1976 naturally aspirated unit.

T.S. part number 135675 normal temp 170o
T.S. seal 186780
T.S. gasket 554896

Maybe the P/N will help them find the parts.
You will need all three pieces for each stat.

Note: the engines need TWO stats, one for each head. When you find a dealer who can help then get the two as the other may not be that far behind...

If you need the parts book send me a PM through the site with your Email address and I will Email the book to you. Click on my site name, C lectric in the reply and a drop down box will appear.

The file at just over 7 mb won't load through the site.

120o is too cold for a good running engine. Stats usually do more than what we think. They FORCE coolant to enter the heat exhanger as the stat heats by opening a port but also force coolant circulation through the engine by closing ports as one opens.

Thank you! Great tips here!

sbmar.com
that is for SeaBoardMarine

Cummins engine are very popular.
I still suggest to search for a Cummins dealer on the west coast of FL.

Back
Top Bottom