Troubleshooting Sealand S Vacuum Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 VF toilets on this old boat. When I first bought her I had some smell issues and the aft toilet did not pump. It needed a new vacuum sensor. I did bellows and duck bills at the same time just for good measure. That made the toilet work but the aft stateroom still stunk. Previous owner said he recently replaced all of the hoses with the best. So, I replaced them with the $10 a foot stuff and stink was gone. It has been flawless for 4 years and I use it many times per week. My middle toilet has never had a problem in the same 4 years. My forward toilet gets lots of use and I had to replace the duck bills, then the bowl seal 2 times as I could not get a seal. There is another seal under that that I could not get to seal after two replacements. Finally a year ago I replaced the base with the tall one that eliminates that specific seal and no problems since. Even with all of this, I like the VF toilets. Never had the Elegance ones though. Don't even know how the work.

Well - As it turns out - this problem resolved itself in time - about 3 weeks. Thank goodness for 2 heads on board. I'm guessing but assume it was something stuck in a duck bill.

Back
Top Bottom