Seeking info on fate of Benmar Marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tazling

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
DARXIDE
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 32
[UPDATE: Never Mind... just checked again, for grins, and the Benmar website -- though very patchy looking (broken image links etc) -- is back... and there's a new phone number. I'd have deleted this post if I could find a Delete option, so the next best thing was to update it with a Never Mind.]

Benmar Marine is the parts/service outfit for my autopilot, a Cetek/Benmar.

It is a great autopilot and I would like to keep it going forever -- so I was hoping to stay in touch with Bob Edwards, as far as I know the sole proprietor of Benmar Marine. I exchanged email with him in January of this year, and he said he had spares and manuals, etc. However, about 3 months later their web site was no longer accessible, and when I wrote to Bob to let him know, I never got an answer.

By then it was well into cruising season so I went off on a shakedown cruise with the new old boat, had a good time. The autopilot worked like a champ~!
Started catching up on shore business, and just now tried calling Benmar Marine's number...

Address: 25510 Foster Lake Rd, Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA 92549, United States
Phone: +1 714-540-5120

To my horror I got the prerecorded message saying This Number Is No Longer In Service! Uh-oh...

Does anyone know anything about the fate of Benmar Marine -- did Bob move to a new location? Is he planning to revive the business at this new location?
What happened to his parts stash? does Benmar Marine even still exist?

Inquiring minds would really like to know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom