Sailor 6222 VHF, MMSI reset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuzieWong

MMSI coded wrong

Dear boating community,
Some 'helping and curious hands' on board managed to punch a “8” into my band new Sailor 6222 before I had the time to enter the assigned MMSI.
Current MMSI shows 800000000, which we all know is nonsense and renders the radio more or less useless.
I'm pretty "pissed", excuse my language, but this wrong MMSI coding adds to a huge mountain of issues this boat arrived from the shipyard with.
To get access to the backside of the unit I had to uninstall wiper control and the SSB as the shipyard had installed the radios without considering that the backside of the units might need to get accessed at some point during a radio's lifespan.
After a few hours work I managed to plug the LAN cable into the dedicated port, tried the web server access to the radio and succeeded entering user name and password for administration (as published in the Sailor 6222 service manual).
But then my winning streak came to an abrupt halt: as soon as I attempt to access other options through the radio's server I was logged out immediately.
Has anyone a solution how to gain and maintain access to the administration site of the Sailor 6222 so that I can reset MMSI without sending the unit back to Cobham for factory reset?
Any advice highly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Sailor equipment. Saying that I'd read the manual and if possible online supprort docs. If the manufacturer says something along the lines of "an authorized service center" can reset the MMSI then you may not have to return it to the factory. If you know of or can find a supportive and helpful tech who trusts you they can teach you the secret handshake to update the MMSI. I once faced this scenario thousands of miles from home in another country and facing a dealine picking up a newly purchased boat for my employer. The MMSI needed to be changed. After I assured the tech who I'd dealt with for years I had a good reason to change the MMSI and the MMSI was valid I was given the secret hand shake.

Problem solved

Thanks for all the advice I have received in forums, PMs and emails.

Most helpful was the "service manual" that some fellow sailors placed online.
As update, if anyone in near future faces the same problem: Firefox version 4.0.1 did the trick :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom