"Recycling" Old Furuno Systems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbiet

We just had our Furuno NavNet 1 system replaced. So we have a couple of chartplotters and a radar dome, along with assorted wiring and hardware (I honestly haven't looked in the box) to get rid of.

There used to be a consignment store in the Seattle area where we could try to sell it but that closed. The place in Gig Harbor isn't taking much these days. And although I see people listing this stuff on eBay I don't think it's selling.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer it not end up in a landfill and I expect to be told by my recycling company that they won't take it. The system works, it's just old.

I've reached out to Furuno but thought I'd check w/this august group.

I have had pretty good luck selling electronics on The Parts Forum on The Hull Truth website.

EBAY. Put it on with a low reserve. Shipping is additional. People (like me) are always looking for good working parts to restore a legacy system.

Last edited:
I agree to put it on ebay for almost free. Someone may need it for parts.

I have happiest just been giving stuff away. It’s much simpler, and those are sunk costs anyway!

Post it for sale or “you pay for shipping” here on the Fourm’s classifieds. A lot of older stuff goes to new homes here. :)

Back
Top Bottom