Otters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nail boards.
I tried just doing the perimeter, but have had to add, so that now 100% of the surface of the swim grid on the starboard side is covered and I have more boards ready to go on the port side tomorrow. An hour ago a family of otters approached and one leaped up onto the swimgrid. his positioning wasn't completely visible to me, but I think he landed on a nail board. At first it looked like it might be a failure, but within a few seconds, he left and took the rest of the family with him.
I used 2"brads in a 3/8 plywood base. Tied on with string.
So far the best remedy.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Only a few more days of this, then I can move Retreat from the mooring bouy to an otter free dock.

Nail boards.
I tried just doing the perimeter, but have had to add, so that now 100% of the surface of the swim grid on the starboard side is covered and I have more boards ready to go on the port side tomorrow. An hour ago a family of otters approached and one leaped up onto the swimgrid. his positioning wasn't completely visible to me, but I think he landed on a nail board. At first it looked like it might be a failure, but within a few seconds, he left and took the rest of the family with him.
I used 2"brads in a 3/8 plywood base. Tied on with string.
So far the best remedy.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Only a few more days of this, then I can move Retreat from the mooring bouy to an otter free dock.

Carpet tack strips are cheap and worked well for me with otters and skunks

Back
Top Bottom