New to group Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danger831

Hi
I am a new member to forum just checking in.
I am interested in purchasing a new to me trawler/ sport cruiser in the 34 to 45 ish range with twin diesels.
My dream would be AL hull but am very much looking at solid glass boats as well.
Im located in the the Galveston area and would spend the first few years refitting the boat (I assume I can not afford a turn key boat if such a thing and I am pretty handy) while taking it on day and weekend trips around the area before making longer trips up and down the ICW with the hopes of eventually making it to Florida and beyond.
I have experience with boats up to this size being around boats most of my life but this would be my first twin boat to run (wood hull shrimp boats previous and ski/pleasure boats)
We are a family of 4 with teenagers and in our late 40s so looking for adventure.
Thanks, Dan

Welcome aboard. Have fun with your search. Before you commit to buying a boat make sure you can get insurance. You may be required to get some training if you have not owned a boat in this size range.

Hi
I am a new member to forum just checking in.
I am interested in purchasing a new to me trawler/ sport cruiser in the 34 to 45 ish range with twin diesels.
My dream would be AL hull but am very much looking at solid glass boats as well.
Im located in the the Galveston area and would spend the first few years refitting the boat (I assume I can not afford a turn key boat if such a thing and I am pretty handy) while taking it on day and weekend trips around the area before making longer trips up and down the ICW with the hopes of eventually making it to Florida and beyond.
I have experience with boats up to this size being around boats most of my life but this would be my first twin boat to run (wood hull shrimp boats previous and ski/pleasure boats)
We are a family of 4 with teenagers and in our late 40s so looking for adventure.
Thanks, Dan
Welcome. I have fond memories of your area from a long time ago. I spent many years of my youth in the Kemah/Seabrook/Clear Lake/Nasa area. As a teenager, I worked in the old Seabrook Shipyard during the Summer doing bottom jobs, compounding/waxing hulls and varnishing more bright work than I ever want to see again. If you eventually make it to Florida, you'll likely pass right by my home port in the panhandle. Good luck with the boat search.

Welcome.

Good luck in your search and have fun looking at different boats!

Back
Top Bottom