New flooring complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
So much nicer than the old green plywood,feels great on your feet,and is closed cell

Attachments

• 718D5C47-C47F-4BCD-90DB-37311E4D73B7.jpg
    718D5C47-C47F-4BCD-90DB-37311E4D73B7.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 190
What flooring brand did you use?

Looks great!

Interesting material. Did you template your floor and send it to them to create the finished panels?

No it comes in rolls 44x96 gotta do all layout and calculations yourself

When looking at the website I am not seeing how one would box in (proper term?) or frame the corners.

The CNC machine is the one that makes all the strips and boarder line on the other floor materials. when it comes to Eva foam (already stripped), you will have to cut one strip of the material, create a box with strip that fit your hatch then fill the inside of the box with one piece of the foam as shown in the above picture.
good luck

Not rocket science buddy,just like Driss explained

…you will have to cut one strip of the material, create a box with strip that fit your hatch then fill the inside of the box with one piece of the foam as shown in the above picture.
good luck

They actually sell rolls of the border strips separately. You can choose the colour of the outer edging of the border strip too. I’m buying the light grey for my flybridge floor which hopefully will cover up the visible signs of the git-rot/epoxy strengthening work.

Looks fantastic. I debated using it on my exterior decks but it was too pricey.

pete

We had Seadek installed last winter just about everywhere on the outside since my wife and our dog were slipping around. So far we love it. Yes it was pricey but they don’t slip anymore.

This is quite different than many other brands of "teak" flooring. It looks nice enough and is much less expensive, but I wouldn't expect it will wear as well over the years and I would hesitate to use it outside.

We had Seadek installed last winter just about everywhere on the outside since my wife and our dog were slipping around. So far we love it. Yes it was pricey but they don’t slip anymore.

That's an interesting solution. Might be better than our fix for the dog (he wears sneakers on the boat for better grip on the decks).

The teak decking I had installed (Permateek) is much less slippery than the molded non-skid when wet. Note that it does get very hot in full sun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom