Neutral Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatrickF

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Grand Life
Vessel Make
1993 Grand Banks Classic 42
Hello,

We have 1993 42CL and the starboard neutral switch doesn't work. Does anyone know where the switch is before I start taking things apart? And if anyone has any tips on what might be the problem I would appreciate it. Thank you

Bypass it. Not likely you will start in gear. More if a problem with outboards in my opinion.

Twin Disc 5061-A. There doesn't seem to be anything electric on the trans.

What brand of controls? Sometimes it’s at the shift levers. Take a look for micro switches.

Morse controls

Thanks. That will save me some searching!

I believe I HAVE those switches!

Attachments

• 0E94BE0A-E54D-4F7F-9422-315E56122C10.jpg
    0E94BE0A-E54D-4F7F-9422-315E56122C10.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 36
Patrick- I sent you a pm.

The micro switch is located up in the actual Morse control, both in the main helm and flybridge. Don’t short it out. Sometimes we do stupid mistakes. I unknowingly bypassed the switch. One engine wouldn’t start. I didn’t notice it was in gear. I went down below and jumped to solenoid. Whew boy! Surprise, surprise!

cks - I didnt get a PM, but I'll start working on it this weekend and if i need the switches I will let you know

Hello,

We have 1993 42CL and the starboard neutral switch doesn't work. Does anyone know where the switch is before I start taking things apart? And if anyone has any tips on what might be the problem I would appreciate it. Thank you
In the Shifter [picture attached

Attachments

• 20190604_123603.jpg
    20190604_123603.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
Neutral Safety Switches for 1988 Grand Banks CL

CKS, greetings, I am Gary Sheppard from San Francisco Bay. I have a 1988 Grand Banks Classic (twin Cummins 6BT5.9-M; Twin Disc Transmissions; Morse Controls). I am looking for two neutral safety switches (mine are corroded and waiting to die) and note that you mentioned in a Trawler Forum post about a year ago that you might have some of these switches. I thought I would take a chance to see if you still might have them, or where I could locate them? Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Gary Sheppard

Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier. If you need the switch kit for the Morse controls, I have them.

Attachments

• IMG_9167.jpg
    IMG_9167.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 26
That works. ��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom