Mast Bracket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbarnes61

Vessel Name
Sweet Thursday
Vessel Make
1978 Albin 36
Hello,
I am interested if anyone has knowledge of where I could purchase or have made this folding mast bracket? I'm hoping the pic works. Rookie here on the board.

Thanks in advance.

Mast Bracket.jpg

Bracket that folds

Has anyone seen this or know of a manufacturer? This boat is actually moored directly across from me but I have never seen them.

Scratching my head on bronze…

But here’s stainless and aluminum:
IMG_3954.jpg

And IMG_3953.jpg

Go here:

https://www.dwyermast.com/cart.asp?cat1ID=20&cat1Name=Masts&familyID=41&familyName=DM-450+Mast&a=add

Look at mast sections, Find one that is like your mast, Then once you open it the tabernacle options are there.

Using one of these would require you to screw (tap and thread) through the mast section into the aluminum mast base; Then you’d buy another base and through bolt that on the bottom of the mating part and tap and screw the bottom section into that.

The concept doesn’t require a large amount of strength since the mast is under compression. It just has to not move.

Is this to collapse under a roof? It may have to be more substantial for dinghy lifting.

Thanks. This is only to collapse under covered moorage. I never plan on using the boom and will probably remove it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom