Maretron notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg QS

Vessel Name
Quiet Storm
Vessel Make
Nordlund 61
Hi Maretron users.
What is the best way to remotely monitor my boat using Maretron. The text module is not available. No sure I want to use the cloud service with yet another fee for the boat.

I have a windows ship computer on 24/7
Stand alone wifi on the boat full time connected to the computer.
Computer Connected through the ipg100

Goal
Minimum email alerts for pre set alerts.
Rea time data . Can I look at the n2k view remotely down WIFI?
Possible to interact with the computer to manipulate n2k view remotely?

I am on the victron vrm portal. This does not give me all the data I need. Or is there a better way to send info to that portal. The vrm is real time and free. It sent me an alert that the boat lost the grid. And when the power came back on I could tell the boat did not. Cool.

We installed a 5g router, connected the IPG-100 to it, and established a VPN between the house and the boat for access to N2K view... Also, if you enable port forwarding on the router you can connect to the IPG-100 with an Android/Apple device remotely for free.

We installed a 5g router, connected the IPG-100 to it, and established a VPN between the house and the boat for access to N2K view... Also, if you enable port forwarding on the router you can connect to the IPG-100 with an Android/Apple device remotely for free.

What did you use for the VPN on each end?

Pepwave Max BR1 pro 5g on the boat and the Balance 20 at home... Pepwave makes it easy to establish a VPN.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom