J-boats anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koliver

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Retreat
Vessel Make
C&L 44
Spend 1/2 an hour with new, modern but still beautiful J boats

The boat dreams are made of

If I was a billionaire and I was defending the America's Cup, this is the class of boat I would choose to defend it.

I could possibly afford the steering wheel. Maybe.

Wasn`t there a story of someone winning "The Auld Mug" with a monkey as the forard hand? Great doing a spinnaker gybe.

Both Endeavour and Shamrock V were in our area of Penobscot Bay for several summers running. They are incredibly impressive up close.

I believe Shamrock could only pass under the Newport bridge due to its mast height.

Sailboats don't move the needle for me at all. I appreciate the naval architecture but I don't see beauty in them and will never own one. I'm sure many sailors feel the same about power boats.....

I believe every boater should start as a sailor
It just makes you aware of the fluid environment we travel
Wind, current, traffic all hone your skills that you never forget.

Sailboats don't move the needle for me at all. I appreciate the naval architecture but I don't see beauty in them and will never own one. I'm sure many sailors feel the same about power boats.....

With respect, gotta say it must be in the eye of the beholder. From works of art like this one (which I’ve toured) to J-boats (which I’ve salivated over in Newport Harbor) to simple sloops and dinghies (which I’ve raced), nothing else comes close to capturing the allure of the sea for me. Just wish they were more practical to own.

Attachments

• 4B3407EC-415A-4514-A710-9F21A353BA2A.jpeg
    4B3407EC-415A-4514-A710-9F21A353BA2A.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 24
I’m a sucker for sailboat looks, but just don’t want to sit outside in the weather. Hence my hybrid sort of sailboat. [emoji23]

I grew up sailing small boats then windsurfing, so I really enjoy how the wind pulls a boat along and fiddling with sails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom