Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty cool

It would be a fun boat, and well equipped for it's size, but pretty cramped for a couple in my opinion, despite the impressive cruising they've done. I don't see any performance numbers but I'm giuessing you can cover hundreds of miles a day.

They feature a sister ship to the listed boat on the recreational side.

I'm sure it's fast, tough and capable. Beam is listed at 10'4" but may be reasonable for trailering with tubes deflated?

You'd have to want to travel fast to appreciate this boat, I think.

Looks like someone at Wellcraft was looking at the Axopar 37 XC and decided they should build their own version.

I agree, and they may have succeeded and perhaps bettered Axopar in some ways.

Greetings,
Mr. b. So, what IS the price?

Pretty good scam... charge a price you don't want to pay to find out what the price is you don't want to pay.

That's a true "Double Negative"!

Greetings,
Mr. b. So, what IS the price?

In the article, they had a price of sub-600K. I'm sure it would be more once fully outfitted, but I was expecting a list price closer to 7 figures.

Pretty good scam... charge a price you don't want to pay to find out what the price is you don't want to pay.

That's a true "Double Negative"!

I'm not a paying member, but this was in the article.

Wellcraft’s 355 is has an MSRP of $584K when equipped with the standard triple 300-hp engines.

Must be fun to cruise easily north of 30 knts even in rough seas. You could cover a lot of miles in a day. I like the bow sundeck and a walk in shower in a boat like this is pretty impressive. Not a bad looking package if you're into this type of boat IMO.

I'm not a paying member, but this was in the article.

Wellcraft’s 355 is has an MSRP of $584K when equipped with the standard triple 300-hp engines.

Must be fun to cruise easily north of 30 knts even in rough seas. You could cover a lot of miles in a day. I like the bow sundeck and a walk in shower in a boat like this is pretty impressive. Not a bad looking package if you're into this type of boat IMO.

Pretty cool boat!

Along with $58K +/- sales tax in CA. :facepalm: :popcorn: :rofl:

Then marine-need extras added on as well as registration, use tax, insurance = OMG $$$. $1M is in sight!!

Last edited:
$600k gets you every conceivable trendy thing on the market including a bow thruster in the middle of the hull, just in case triple engines aren't enough to fight the winds.

$600k gets you every conceivable trendy thing on the market including a bow thruster in the middle of the hull, just in case triple engines aren't enough to fight the winds.

Not really in the middle, it's about as far forward as it could be and still be sufficiently underwater. Personally I would want it.

A special one owner boat from Australian designer Clem Masters. A lot of $ (AUD) but a lot of boat, built by a renowned boat builder for his own use, still owned by him.
0_4.jpg

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...em-masters-46-bridgedeck-motor-cruiser/287419

My first powerboat was a more utilitarian fibreglass 1983 Masters34 which had seen duty as the Cruising Yacht Club`s committee boat, so I have an interest in anything Masters. He designs excellent sea boats.

Last edited:
@BruceK: was Mahogany on display at the recent Newport Wooden Boat Festival; she looks very familiar.

@BruceK: was Mahogany on display at the recent Newport Wooden Boat Festival; she looks very familiar.
We missed the Festival so I can`t say.
Mahogany has a great history described in the listing. Initially designed in the original office of the selling broker Anchorline, by Clem Masters, built and maintained by a leading Queensland boat builder as his personal boat. The design of the bathroom was mirrored to an extent on my modest Masters 34, sadly the rest of it is not .

A special one owner boat from Australian designer Clem Masters. A lot of $ (AUD) but a lot of boat, built by a renowned boat builder for his own use, still owned by him.
0_4.jpg

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...em-masters-46-bridgedeck-motor-cruiser/287419

My first powerboat was a more utilitarian fibreglass 1983 Masters34 which had seen duty as the Cruising Yacht Club`s committee boat, so I have an interest in anything Masters. He designs excellent sea boats.

Isn’t she lovely. She carrys the clipper bow as well as anything without sail. The old saying that savvy sailors used was ‘ if it looks right it usually is ‘ holds true here. It’s unfortunate that a pleasing shear and congruent superstructure is not understood or that desirable these days of waterborne apartments. If I only had deeper pockets and more time on the clock I’d chase her like a cheerleader

Rick

Last edited:
Backinblue: You just reminded me of a priceless comment L. Francis Herreshoff made in his old classic work ‘ Common Sense of Yacht Design ‘ attached below. He was one smart clever designer but had a wicked sense of humor.

Rick

Attachments

• EBB2BECF-50B8-480D-8230-A21BD56A04B5.jpg
    EBB2BECF-50B8-480D-8230-A21BD56A04B5.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 83
Backinblue: You just reminded me of a priceless comment L. Francis Herreshoff made in his old classic work ‘ Common Sense of Yacht Design ‘ attached below. He was one smart clever designer but had a wicked sense of humor.

Rick

Good one Garbler. I'm glad I can sleep well knowing I have the correct anchor, at least in my own mind!

I have five [5] correct anchor-type sizes aboard our Tolly. Two are real Danforth. The rest are well built Danforth copycats. :popcorn: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom