holding tank bladders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

traveller

Veteran Member
Hi, looking for opinions on holding tank bladders. I would prefer a ridgid tank but the acess panel is only about 1 sq. Ft.
Thanks

Bladders are ok for water and fuel, but not a good choice for sewage holding...fittings have to be owner installed in most of 'em, and they're highly prone to blow out a fitting at the first sign of a clog...they're designed to hug the contents, so it's just about impossible to maintain a bladder aerobically, which just about guarantees foul odor out the vent (and btw, USCG regs prohibit unvented bladders for sewage holding, so it has to be vented) when the toilet is flushed. And those are just a few of the reasons.

So your only two good options are, enlarge the access or find another location for the tank...there are prob'ly at least two that would actually be much better than the one you've decided on...I'll be glad to help you find one.

Check the Ronco Plastic catalog...They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and has more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular (which means you might be able to find a shape that will fit through the access), and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank.
Ronco Plastics Marine Catalog

Thanks Peggy. I was hoping you would reply to post. I am working on a 40' nova sundeck. Any advice would be appreciated.

Send me a PM that includes your email address and we'll take it from there.

I started out with a bladder tank but replaced it with a tank from Ronco for all the reasons Peggie has listed. Ronco has about 500 different sizes and shapes of tank. They will install the fittings anywhere you want them. Don't forget you can turn the tank anyway you want. You don't have to mount it like the picture on their website.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom