Happiness is ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
End Of The Line
Vessel Make
Trinka 10 Dinghy
For those of us with CDO (OCD in alphabetical order as it belongs to be), happiness is a fresh wax and buff with new bottom paint and anodes.

20221015_124800.jpg

20221015_124931.jpg

20221015_140905.jpg

And 5 pounds of Chesapeake Bay lump crabmeat! :D

20221013_095435.jpg

Ted

What is on the running gear? Same paint as the hull?

What is on the running gear? Same paint as the hull?

I use a zinc spray primer, then 2 thin coats of Pacifica Plus. The waterman find the Pacifica Plus holds up fairly well on the metal cages to protect their propellers from crab pot lines. My boat moves too slow for Prop Speed or ablative paints to be effective. Bottom paint is Petit Trinidad Pro. It works great on the bottom with 65% Cuprous Oxide, but doesn't stick well to metal.

Ted

I find brand new bottom paint to be a strangely happiness inducing event. :)

Purty!

The pictures are great but I've seen your boat in person and know that they don't do it justice. That is a beautiful and well maintained vessel.

Very fine looking indeed, Ted!

When you head north to the Great Lakes during the summers, at what point to you generally change your anodes?

Very fine looking indeed, Ted!

When you head north to the Great Lakes during the summers, at what point to you generally change your anodes?

I don't change the material. Mine are all aluminum. Aluminum works ok in salt and fresh water, and is optimal for brackish water. Magnesium is best for fresh water, but really isn't available other than for outboards and some pencil anodes. I've only found one source for 2.5" aluminum collar shaft anodes. There seems to be an environmental move to ban zinc anodes. Hope they make all the aluminum sizes before that happens.

Ted

Looks great, Ted. How often do you haul out?

Will you be returning to your usual winter quarters this year?

Thanks, one haulout per year.

Yes, heading to Fort Myers. My slip should be ready for me in November.

Ted

Bringer her on down, Ted. That new paint will scare away the green stuff we have growing here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom