Gulfcoast filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regardless of how good the oil filtration , I think its wise to carry 2 or 3 oil changes on board .

I'm not sure where I'd store the 55 gallon drum I'd need for 3 changes worth of oil.

I found a great engine oil filtration setup from AMSOIL in Superior Wisconsin. It's a dual filter arrangement with one being full flow and the other being partial flow-bypass. The two 671N Detroits in my Viking Sportfish use T3 Rotella 40 wt oil with the 20 micron full flow filter and fine filtration for the bypass filter.

I looked through the Amsoil catalog, which system are you running this on? Do you know the part number? How is it plumbed?

I'm not sure where I'd store the 55 gallon drum I'd need for 3 changes worth of oil.

I looked through the Amsoil catalog, which system are you running this on? Do you know the part number? How is it plumbed?
It is a bypass filtration filter head. They make one for marine use. It is a dual filter head. In one side out the other. Or, in and out on the same side. The plumbing is no different than a typical single filter head. You will find it on the AMSOIL website. I don't have one on my boat but do have one on my diesel pickup. I just had the oil analyzed. Oil had 671 hours/29,000 miles. Lab said oil was still good to use but to retest after 100 more miles. I ele ted to change the oil as the TBN was down to "four".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom