GB Europa 52 Port & Starboard Door Hinges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimL

Vessel Name
Lemon Drops
Vessel Make
2001 Grand Banks Europa 52
Hi all,

We have a 2001 GB Europa 52 with port and starboard doors off the lower helm.

The previous owner replaced the hinges on the starboard door, with 3" tall x 2.5" wide hinges- which appear to be what is on the port side except the holes are off a bit and the pin assembly is a bit larger on the replacement set.

The port door has one of three serviceable hinges, the lower two have had corrosion eat away at the pins so they are basically holding the door in place - while closed.

I have one original hinge and and one replacement hinge which has a slightly larger pin assembly.

I'm looking for assistance in replacing the original hinge with an original or a with a replacement with the slightly larger pin assembly.

I had thought - about a year ago - there was someone on this forum who had access to a bunch of GB parts. Does anyone remember who that is? I can't seem to find him after searching my posts. I know he traveled a lot.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

JimL

Thanks Parry

And lots of the hardware is in the Izerwaren catalog. Home

Thanks, I did send Garrett an email last week and have heard nothing. I'll try again. And I'll check out the Izerwaren catalog.

Last edited:
Cigatoo, I emailed Garrett with the address you provided - I had a different one. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again - JimL

Grand Banks in FL has them. I am in contact with Garrett.

Thanks All - JimL

Back
Top Bottom