FW Tank senders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kernr

Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Europa
Good Morning -

Bob here with a 2008 GB 47 Europa and a few winter projects but nothing major.

Just prior to hauling out to the hard I run my fresh water pump until the pump starts to spurt air. When I looked at the tank gauge I noticed both tanks had around 32 gallons each. I said to self -that’s not correct and I’ll have to investigate what’s going on. The GB 47 has two tanks - one (160 gallons) forward, below walking deck and just aft of forward cabin and the other ( 100 gallons) aft, behind generator in aft end of engine room. Both tanks have senders in them with a label “Lauderdale Speedometer” on them. So, I did a natural thing and googled the name to see if I could get some info on the senders. After a couple of tries I received a message - you need to call Mary or Joel at Centroid Products. So, I did just that - what a pleasant surprise that was. I ended up in an email conversation with Joel at Centroid Products ( centroidproducts@gmail.com ). It is not often in the boating vendor world that you get rapid responses that are knowledgeable. Joel quickly responded to every query I had and provided the processes I needed to follow to solve the poor read out problem.

Basically, he got my specific product information and asked for data so he could troubleshoot from afar. Long story made short - within one week I had cleaned sensors and put them back in the tank where they are reporting empty and near empty ( 4” of water in aft tank ). Here are a couple of photos.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0802.jpg