Force 10 4 burner LPG range ignitor battery replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

socalrider

Guru
Vessel Name
SEA WOLF
Vessel Make
1979 CHB 41 Trawler
We have a very nice, pretty new Force 10 range; today I noticed the ignitor is not sparking. Some searching led me to find the battery compartment, way in the back under the oven.

I can't figure out an easy way to get to it - wondering if anyone has done this before. Seems like I may need to remove the oven door? Or pull the whole unit out of its frame? PO installed it, and the manual I found online is pretty useless. Thought I'd see if the TF brain trust had any thoughts before I go hacking away at it tomorrow.

Mine has a removable trim piece below the oven door. Once it’s out it’s easy to get to the battery.

Mine was a 3 burner.... I had to lift the stove and it was wire tied somewhere underneath.

I cut it loose and just left it near the front of the shelf under the rangetop for the next time.

Be prepared, found mine full of that green goo that comes from batteries....mine was salvageable...but you may have to replace the entire holder.... I think it was a AA but check the manual.

There is one double AA battery and I had to replace the holder also.

If you have to lift the stove to access the battery, there should be a couple of screws on either side of the top burners. Look between the vent holes on the left and right. Remove those and then you can lift the stove. I used a couple of 18”x2x4”s on edge to support the stove while I changed the battery and holder.

Tha battery holder I found on Amazon.

A newer one you have to slide the stove out or lift it. Four screws hidden in the frame. An older one is accessible through a door. It is a very poor design, but a consequence of these being built as a gimbaled stove. In the gimbaled version, you just swing it out at the bottom and access the battery. When you install it with the fixed kit, that possibility is eliminated.

I've installed a remote battery holder in the cabinetry next to it.

OK figured this out - posting for the record:

Closer inspection revealed that the entire stove could be lifted up within its frame (no screws to be removed) about 1", and then pivoted out so that the underside where the ignitor battery is housed was exposed. Battery was swapped out, terminals are in good condition, no leaking cell so we're all good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom