Fire at Marina Fortin in Quebec, ouch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope no idea, not much info yet. Damages must be huge as this boat storage is quite big.

L

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. My Francaise is a bit rusty. Any injuries? Material goods can be replaced. Lives, not so much.

My marina just burnt, it's not the storage building it's the show room building that is gone. Packed with new boats up to 50 feet ...my boat is outside and is ok ..sad day

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. My Francaise is a bit rusty. Any injuries? Material goods can be replaced. Lives, not so much.

no injuries thank God but there were two cats that are gone. I have no more marina ,I just got back will post pictures

I can almost smell the smoke from here. What a tragedy.

Almost had to be a small heater.

pete

this was a huge marina there was say maybe 50 boats in the showroom that burnt. the Fortin brothers are very good people. search facebook for marina fortin you will see a video of the marina. They main showroom building gone. My boat could of easily been in that building but I decided to leave it outside... of the building

Your very lucky Tigs,thank God no one was hurt.

Quelle domage.

Was this in Montreal? Off the Ottawa river, or the St Lawrence? Or elsewhere?

Glad you and your boat are OK.
Geographically this was south east from Montreal, navigation wise this was east from Montreal, down the St Lawrence and south in the Richelieu river just north of lake Champlain.

Marina Fortin Inc.
878 Rue Principale, Île-aux-Noix, QC J0J 1G0
(450) 291-3333
https://maps.app.goo.gl/E2Qw2T12Go13apFD7

L

Geographically this was south east from Montreal, navigation wise this was east from Montreal, down the St Lawrence and south in the Richelieu river just north of lake Champlain.

Marina Fortin Inc.
878 Rue Principale, Île-aux-Noix, QC J0J 1G0
(450) 291-3333
https://maps.app.goo.gl/E2Qw2T12Go13apFD7

L

Thanks, I see now. So on the Richelieu, not the St Lawrence.

Thanks, I see now. So on the Richelieu, not the St Lawrence.

That's right, anybody doing the great loop would be doing the Richelieu river and going past that marina. I went to see the marina today and talked to an owner. Estimation is between 20 to 25 million to rebuild including all the boats lost.

That's right, anybody doing the great loop would be doing the Richelieu river and going past that marina. I went to see the marina today and talked to an owner. Estimation is between 20 to 25 million to rebuild including all the boats lost.

What a shame. I hope they successfully rebuild and continue on.

I haven’t been on the Richelieu, but would like to do that run from Watertown to the St Lawrence some day. We have traveled the st lawrence, Rideau, and Ottawa Rivers and enjoyed them all very much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom