Finn 8 Project Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, what a cute boat! Love to see a shot looking down showing layout of cabins etc.
One comment - i see metal elbows etc between rubber hose in the exhaust & no bonding wire to tie them to the sacrificial electrolysis system.

Sibernut, I assume that's my elbow you are referring to. Interesting point. I'm guessing that would be a wire from the elbow back to the battery -ve. Is that what you mean? (My rudder post is bonded back to -ve in this way.) I removed that elbow recently, and it looked in good shape despite probably being undisturbed for decades. But it would be a simple matter to add a bonding wire.

"Cute" is the word most people around here use for Puffinn. And everybody knows Puffinn. If I strike up a conversation with a total stranger and mention the name of my boat, I usually hear: "Oh, we love that boat, it's so cute, it looks like a bath toy." I even know a family who refer to the place near my mooring as "Puffinn Point".

Here's some original Finn 8 brochures with layout diagrams (although there is a lot of variation because they were sold in different levels of completion). I found these on a boatsales listing for "Lady-J" in South Australia.

Apologies, Rod S, for hijacking your thread again!

Attachments

• Finn 8_Orig Brochure_[from sale listing for Lady-J]_HS147S_17_crs74s64cyyjj66mnvt86zzqc.jpg
    Finn 8_Orig Brochure_[from sale listing for Lady-J]_HS147S_17_crs74s64cyyjj66mnvt86zzqc.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Finn 8_Orig mfg layout drawings_[from sale listing for Lady-J_HS147S_19_ancs595w4tvk8g8h34x88e...jpg
    Finn 8_Orig mfg layout drawings_[from sale listing for Lady-J_HS147S_19_ancs595w4tvk8g8h34x88e...jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Finn 8_Orig Mfg Spec Sheet_inc Finn 7_[from sale listing for Lady-J_HS147S_18_4y7r8djagrf1ayvg...jpg
    Finn 8_Orig Mfg Spec Sheet_inc Finn 7_[from sale listing for Lady-J_HS147S_18_4y7r8djagrf1ayvg...jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom