favorite top 10 harbor towns fun to visit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second Port Townsend and a great time to go is when they have their wooden boat festival.

We love Port Townsend (stay at Port Hutson if you can fit).
But where do you stay during the wooden boat festival. As I was always told if your not anchoring out, your not going as there is no room with all the wood boats. (side note its not happening this year, but they are doing "some things").
We have ran down to Ludlow and anchored for the night, then run back up to Port Townsend, but man it can get rough out there !

Langley
Kingston
Gig Harbor (walk up to Heritage Distillery)

Wondering how many of our favorite restaurants/bars on waterfronts/docks have survived the pandemic.

Gig Harbor (already mentioned) tie up at the Tides Tavern for lunch,
~Alan

In the early 80s when I moved from Western Colorado to Gig Harbor, I was doing a lot of business and personal travel. I found that if I mentioned Gig Harbor, the response was often something on the order of: "Yeah!...I went there once, all I remember is some great tavern...can't remember...Tide something..."

We love Port Townsend (stay at Port Hutson if you can fit).
But where do you stay during the wooden boat festival.

I know some knowing there is going to be a string of good weather days will anchor in the Kilsut Harbor area across from Point Townsend and they dinghy across. I think I was told the dinghy ride takes about 20 minutes assuming a 10 foot RIB and 9.9 hp motor.

i-Boating : Free Marine Navigation Charts & Fishing Maps

I want to visit Deer Harbor on Orcas, have not been there in years

We went there this year. Cool place, a bit sleepy. Rumor has it there is a van you can borrow to run an errand but we didn't partake. People who work there are very friendly and helpful.

Cheater!

But actually, the elevator/sky bridge right at the marina will take you up most of the way, then a mild slightly uphill stroll to the market.

That's one of the elevators. The other is a few blocks south (across from the Aquarium) in a parking garage. That one takes you right into the Market.

Nobody mentioned Zeballos as a yachting destination. Here's a picture of the town's commercial center for Nomad Willie. VHF channel 06.

Attachments

• 103_0362.jpg
    103_0362.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 33
Nobody mentioned Zeballos as a yachting destination. Here's a picture of the town's commercial center for Nomad Willie. VHF channel 06.

Here is a picture of my mother in Zeballos on her honeymoon cruise aboard the CPR ship Maquinna in 1947. This may be more familiar to Nomad Willy. Maquinna Zeballos Nicholson Store.jpgNo VHF, but if they had a radio they would have monitored AM 2182.
Nicholson did all sorts of things from selling fuel to registering mining claims, but I note he did not have an ATM like the current store.
Bill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom