Copper or titanium tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilPB

Guru
Vessel Name
Sun Dog
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
Back to researching which ac unit is best for my application and am curious about what I’m finding.

I'm looking to get a 16k btu ac and have narrowed (I hope) the choices to either a Webasto or CTM. The CTM unit has titanium coils, Webasto has copper. The cost difference is 30% more for the CTM unit. Both have a 2 yr warranty.

Anyone know about CTM ac units? At.this point I am leaning towards Wabasto.

I installed a Webasto 16K unit this summer. Started right up and cooled me down.
Sorry. Don't know anything about CTMs.

I installed a 12,000 BTU Webasto reverse cycle unit almost 2 years ago which so far has been working well. The Webasto units have cupronickel condenser coils. I am not familiar with CTM units or titanium coils.

I installed a 12,000 BTU Webasto reverse cycle unit almost 2 years ago which so far has been working well. The Webasto units have cupronickel condenser coils. I am not familiar with CTM units or titanium coils.

Actually, the FCF Platinum and the FCF Classic are both copper. I just verified that with Webasto technical support.

That's interesting. The owner's manual clearly states that the condenser coil is cupronickel.

You're right. I see the same spec on Defender's website. I need to call Webasto again and possibly get a different tech rep.

Confirmed, cupronickel. I just found that on the tech documents as well. I'm glad you mentioned that, it required further research which helps in the decision. Doesn't say much about their tech support, although I only spoke to one person.

Back
Top Bottom