Canoe (or double end) boats efficient?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn’t contesting your comments. You’re right most folks power or sail don’t anchor out on the East Coast. Think they miss a lot but guess we miss a lot by our basic desire to be alone. Have a close circle of cruising friends but most comfortable off by ourselves as are they. Most of our best evenings have been away from the maddening herd and my comments stand as well. View a boat as my piece of the world where no one can bother me. Don’t want to be someplace busy. As said whatever floats your boat. Not being judgmental.

Last edited:
Probably why you like offshore and spend most of your time there.

East coast anchorages South of Boston without population noise are few and far between....unless seeking them out.....often different than ones used to snowbird. Same can be said of light pollution.

Last edited:
We’ve been pretty lucky finding good spots throughout buzzard bay, both sides of Long Island sound and the Chessie. Massachusetts bay takes a bit of work and there’s no really good spots along NH but in Maine it’s pretty easy. Even actively cruising you spend what?90% sitting still.

Back
Top Bottom