Canada Shuts Down Border

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am still trying to figure out what floating canaries are?
Maybe like "blind mullet"?:D.
Canada is very sensible to maintain a closed border with USA. Comparing US infection/hospitalization/death rates to Canada`s, why would Canada risk it.
My state, NSW, closed the border to out southern neighbour Victoria, which has a serious outbreak. A Victorian feeling well, crossed the border before closure. He visited the Crossroads Hotel, with work colleagues. He had Covid. Now that hotel and 3 others are closed because of the infection he spread, which others took to other hotels, which spread to aged care, and to other more distant regions. It`s said(pun intended) we are at the crossroads of a broader infection, we are working to control it, and we might.
As for Victoria they have untraceable community transmission,200-300 new infections a day. All due to botched quarantine. Since when was sleeping with the quarantined a guard`s duty? Yes,lonely,locked up, missing company,long nights, young security boys, but really?
So Canada, keep em out. Let em in,they will do you harm.

Two USA boats recently given the boot from BC waters & fined $1,000.00

“It was clear the persons on this vessel had misstated their intention to travel to Alaska and had entered Canada for the purposes of tourism,” said the RCMP in a media release.

...Mounties are warning U.S. boaters that breaking quarantine could come with hefty penalties, including the seizure of their vessels, criminal charges and future exclusion from Canadian waters or other border restrictions.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7207173/us-boaters-fines-quarantine-act-coronavirus/

Why you ask?

Canada.......112,000 cases

USA ........4,100,000 cases

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited:
Thanks for the news article. However the posting of cases is irrelevant and has nothing to do with boating or boating systems.
"Harbor Chat Posting Rules and Guidelines
Friendly, professional, informal exchange of "NON-boating" topics."

Thanks for the news article. However the posting of cases is irrelevant and has nothing to do with boating or boating systems.

Seems pretty significant to me, and completely relevant to a news article posted in the Covid-19 forum :socool:

It's about the people on the boats, not the boats themselves.

On the case differential I look at it this way: If I'm inside one 55 gallon drum that has a gallon of water at the bottom, and the drum next to me is nearly full, am I going to drill a hole to connect the two? Not on your bippy!

To put it another way, if Mexico had uncontrolled spread of a contagious disease, and we here in the US had it under control, would you want tourists coming across to enjoy themselves? I wouldn't. Whether they were in cars, boats, or spaceships.

I had planned to cruise in BC this summer myself, but I don't blame them one bit for drawing the line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom