Best Place to Charter a Florida Trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deposit Withheld

What was your bad experience with SW?

They refused to refund my deposit by saying I was responsible for scratching the rub rail on their beautiful Benneteau. Being me I received my deposit. They were not getting away with that scam.

Chitwood is who I was going to try after I sold 2 trawlers over the past 3 years.
Chitwood is no longer in the charter business. Their website is still up, but if you contact them (which I did about 2 months ago) they are out of the business.

BandB, no justification needed. Keep posting when you want, where you want and just as much as you want, whether some people like it or not. There is an old French proverb that says "Les chiens aboient mais la caravane passe" ("The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on"…)

Oh, don't you worry, he's going to keep posting.

ruff ruff

Can you ever just stay out of something? Is it impossible for you to keep your keyboard idle for even one thread?

He offered his personal experience to the OP that is seeking exactly that. He, nor anyone else on this site needs your approval to post anything.

EVERYONE is entitled to voice their opinion. Yes, having person "A" voice their opinion, and having person "B" then voice their contrary opinion is not only allowed, it is encouraged.

What is not tolerated is attacking people for doing so. You don't have to agree, however ad hominem posts are considered out of line.

I've never chartered from SWFY. I wasn't able to get my schedule and the availability of the boat I wanted to charter to coincide. That said, I've had 3 friends who have each chartered from them and were happy to very happy. None of those were since 2020. While I routinely recommend them based on my friends experiences and my touring several of their boats, companies can change over time or with new management. Regarding cleanliness of a charter boat, rental car, hotel room, or vacation house, not sure why anyone wouldn't require management to rectify problems before accepting and moving in or onboard.

Wish I was going to be in town longer as I would go visit them and see if things have changed.

Ted

EVERYONE is entitled to voice their opinion. Yes, having person "A" voice their opinion, and having person "B" then voice their contrary opinion is not only allowed, it is encouraged.

What is not tolerated is attacking people for doing so. You don't have to agree, however ad hominem posts are considered out of line.

Person "B" wasn't voicing a contrary opinion, person "B" was attempting to discredit Person A and his first-hand knowledge because he doesn't have a high enough post count to satisfy Person "B"'s perceived ownership of this forum.

There was no attack from me, ad hominem or otherwise.

Person "B" wasn't voicing a contrary opinion, person "B" was attempting to discredit Person A and his first-hand knowledge because he doesn't have a high enough post count to satisfy Person "B"'s perceived ownership of this forum.

There was no attack from me, ad hominem or otherwise.

I will second what BandB has said. Periodically a person will join one or more forums to discredit another person, but usually a business. Whether there grievance is justified, they're a disgruntled former employee, or a competitor, isn't known. It should make you consider whether they have an another reason for posting. This isn’t to say that your first post here isn't important, but if it's your only post, maybe there's another side to the story. I'm sure the absolutely best customer satisfaction oriented company still gets a few negative reviews.

Ted

I will second what BandB has said. Periodically a person will join one or more forums to discredit another person, but usually a business. Whether there grievance is justified, they're a disgruntled former employee, or a competitor, isn't known. It should make you consider whether they have an another reason for posting. This isn’t to say that your first post here isn't important, but if it's your only post, maybe there's another side to the story. I'm sure the absolutely best customer satisfaction oriented company still gets a few negative reviews.

Ted

Agreed, that does happen, as adults I think we can all determine our own opinion on what someone's motivation is. For instance, did he start a thread to bash a vendor? Or in this case did he just respond to one.

Why would this place ever grow when you have someone with the loudest voice on here attacking a first poster, and yes, it was an attack....on his experience, his motives and his "right" to post.

Look at the distraction this has caused, of which I am to blame as well. Let the guy have his say, he was the one that actually contracted with the company to begin with.

Agreed, that does happen, as adults I think we can all determine our own opinion on what someone's motivation is. For instance, did he start a thread to bash a vendor? Or in this case did he just respond to one.

Why would this place ever grow when you have someone with the loudest voice on here attacking a first poster, and yes, it was an attack....on his experience, his motives and his "right" to post.

Look at the distraction this has caused, of which I am to blame as well. Let the guy have his say, he was the one that actually contracted with the company to begin with.

With all do respect, there's a point you seem to be missing. The thread had been dead for almost a year before the person posted his only post. I don't see much difference between starting your own thread to vent, versus reviving one that's a year old.

Ted

The Site Team is following this thread. Please, everyone keep in mind the be nice rule here on TF. Let’s all express our opinions but do not attack other members.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom