Are the stands mine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
044E9D95-B0F0-4358-859F-50413F6F82B3.jpg Just so you don’t think I was lying .Boat ,stands ,on my property now belong to the guy that I sold the boat to of course .what she supposed to do set the boat on the ground

Its a difficult one to chime in on. It seems to me most folks when saying as is where is imply s get them out of there current situation. The seller could argue it is your responsibility to remove the boat including anything under it so as to vacate any of his current exposure to the land owner. Likely that was his thought until he mentioned to someone he sold the project who then showed interest in getting the stands.

The rule in real estate, here at least, is that "fixtures" go with the property, whether specifically identified or not. "A fixture" is an object attached to the property other than by its own weight. The stands don`t appear to satisfy the test.

In this case, the property being sold was a boat, supported on stands. Very hard to regard them as fixtures, by that standard. Or to regard the boat as a fixture, if one was purchasing the stands.

The rule in real estate, here at least, is that "fixtures" go with the property, whether specifically identified or not. "A fixture" is an object attached to the property other than by its own weight. The stands don`t appear to satisfy the test.

In this case, the property being sold was a boat, supported on stands. Very hard to regard them as fixtures, by that standard. Or to regard the boat as a fixture, if one was purchasing the stands.

How about if the house was sitting on concrete blocks then I guess previous owner would remove the block supporting the house

In my experience,, when a yard sells a boat, you don't get the stands unless specifically asked for and specified in the contract.

A custom cradle would probably be included, but still would usually be identified in the contract.

But private sales are usually all over the place and weak contracts often disputed.

Week contracts are hardly ever disputed

In my experience,, when a yard sells a boat, you don't get the stands unless specifically asked for and specified in the contract.

A custom cradle would probably be included, but still would usually be identified in the contract.

But private sales are usually all over the place and weak contracts often disputed.

Week contracts are hardly ever disputed. It cost money to sue somebody most people most lawyers won’t waste their time .$10,000 was a pretty common retainer , nowadays I think it’s much more , you can pay a attorney a few hundred dollars for a worthless demand letter, a reputable lawyer Usually won’t waste their time . Hardly a week or two goes by without me making an offer on a boat 90% are rejected I’m only looking for deals of benefit me. I looked at a sailboat the other day the mast and most of the rigging that had been stripped from the decks was underneath the boat .I walked away from that boat ,Wasn’t worth all the effort it was a 47 foot fiberglass sailboat with a brand new engine still created inside the boat still wasn’t worth doing.The port just wanted the boat gone there were five other boats they want gone to . The problem is once you pay for something you’re responsible for everything associated with the boat it becomes your responsibility inside outside and all around the boat is your problem now ,you have to be careful. I’ve done a lot of deals in my lifetime Boats ,trucks, cars, trucks, houses, what ever I don’t worry too much about Telephone tuff guys. in one ear and out the other

Well I decided it's not worth the time to dispute the stands so I bought my own. The old stands were not in great shape so I told the former owner to take them. Lesson learned to put it in writing.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Because someone has a differing opinion, doesn't mean they're singling anyone else out.

Well I decided it's not worth the time to dispute the stands so I bought my own. The old stands were not in great shape so I told the former owner to take them. Lesson learned to put it in writing.

That seems to just about wrap this one up. Best of luck with the new boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom