Xantrex Marine 20 Inverter and Link 1000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainship Pilot

Vessel Name
Eagle
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot II, Prior vessel 43’ Bluesea
Looking for some diagnosis help, Xantrex tech email and tech hotline, no responses after many tries! Just installed brand new T145 Trojans, fully charged, all connections clean and tight. Green light on the inverter, Link 1000 panel shows a blinking red reset button, does not show state of charge with the green lights across the battery status, but does show 14.5 volts when charging, does show the correct Amps at about 265 AHs, but does not invert, even though the invert light does illuminate green when depressed. It seems that the Link 1000 is not recognizing the fully charged battery, since a blinking red light means less than 19% charge according to the manual. Older inverter, probably original, but it just worked fine with my aging 6Volts I just pulled out. Anyone got a magic bullet??

Attachments

• IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 38
Just a shot in the dark!!!

Some inverters have a feature that will lower or stop charging if the seance a load over a given value. Keep in mind that most charger/inverters or wired from the shore power plug to the charger/inverter than to the AC panel.

One day about a month after I bought my boat I turned the charger/inverter on. I was not getting 100A to the batteries I was getting around 15A. What happen was I turned on a space heater using about 10A. The charger/inverter saw this and backed down. This can happen so you don't pop the breaker.

Just a thought..........

Another thing, you changed the batteries out. Did you change any settings? Not knowing your system, does the SOC on the inverter/charger need to be reset?

Last edited:
Some xantrex units require reprogramming after the batteries have been disconnected. You also may need to set the inverter to “enable”. I’m not familiar with the link1000, but it does look like it’s for programming as well as displaying.
Looking at the picture of your inverter, there are no indicator lights lit up. Shouldn’t there be something there?

Just a shot in the dark!!!

Some inverters have a feature that will lower or stop charging if the seance a load over a given value. Keep in mind that most charger/inverters or wired from the shore power plug to the charger/inverter than to the AC panel.

One day about a month after I bought my boat I turned the charger/inverter on. I was not getting 100A to the batteries I was getting around 15A. What happen was I turned on a space heater using about 10A. The charger/inverter saw this and backed down. This can happen so you don't pop the breaker.

Just a thought..........

Another thing, you changed the batteries out. Did you change any settings? Not knowing your system, does the SOC on the inverter/charger need to be reset?

I’m working on the settings, this old Link 1000 is not cooperating the way I’d like it to, if you don’t touch a pad for a couple seconds, it goes back to home quickly. It’s probably just a setting that needs reset. I’ll try again tomorrow wgen I get back up to the slip. Thanks

Some xantrex units require reprogramming after the batteries have been disconnected. You also may need to set the inverter to “enable”. I’m not familiar with the link1000, but it does look like it’s for programming as well as displaying.
Looking at the picture of your inverter, there are no indicator lights lit up. Shouldn’t there be something there?

I had the shore power off at the time I took the picture, trying to see where the batteries rest at, but yes, there normally is a green light that illuminates when connected.

Have you cycled the batteries. I mean discharge them so they need to be charged again.
You are looking to sync the batteries and xantrex.
>HERE< is a manual in case you do not have one

Did an island trip this weekend and cycled them a few times, and sync'ed them Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom