Victron's "Free" Remote Boat Monitoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbman

Guru
Vessel Name
Second Chance
Vessel Make
42' Uniflite Double Cabin
This is the view you get online:

i-dBHMRhP-M.jpg

Almost two weeks ago I installed a Victron Cerbo GX

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/cerbo-gx

This is a Victron product that plugs into your other Victron equipment and provides data collection and remote monitoring for all the information it has access to. You can connect it to most Victron products as well as direct connections for tank level sensors (4), digital inputs (4) for monitoring bilge pumps, a USB GPS can be plugged into it, as well as a variety of other things.

My system so far has:
  • Victron Pheonix 1200VA inverter
  • BMV-712 Battery Monitor
  • SmartSolar VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge Controller
  • Various Temp sensors
  • Cerbo GX w/ USB GPS

I have the Cerbo GX connected to my onboard 4G based WIFI and it automatically uploads the data to Victron's free monitoring portal. I can control how frequently it uploads and a variety of other options. It records history data and allows me to report on it, as well as set alarms for values that get outside of a range as I desire (including geo fencing).

I'm really impressed with what you get for the price, the Cerbo GX was not very expensive and there is no monthly fee for the portal. They also have a phone app to show the same data.

You can look at my public VRM portal with live data here:
https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/127574/share/60bdd49b

Note that the GPS position is scrambled (my choice) on the public website and I can turn off location display entirely as or keep all of my data completely private by disabling the public view. It has plenty of options.

If you already have a lot of Victron equipment, it might be something to consider. They also have a 5" or 7" touch screen you can install on the boat to show the data on board as well. For now I've just been viewing it on my phone through the VRM Portal.

Very nice!

I also have a full Victron setup on our boat with the Cerbo GX with the Color touchscreen.

Can't recommend it highly enough!

Back
Top Bottom