V-berth wall covering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilPB

Guru
Vessel Name
Sun Dog
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
Latest project using seagrass carpet for V-berth walls. Originally bought it to cover the flybridge deck but I used Awlgrip for that instead.

Attachments

• Compress_20230616_145528_8050.jpg
    Compress_20230616_145528_8050.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Compress_20230616_145528_8959.jpg
    Compress_20230616_145528_8959.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 83
What type of adhesive did you use?

pete

What type of adhesive did you use?

pete

Robert's 6700, indoor outdoor carpet adhesive from HD. I used 1/8" v-trowel for the glue and applied 2 coats of primer before install. It was a rather hot day so after applying the adhesive and cutting it in I then used a piece of rounded starboard to press it into the glue as it took a while to tack up. I will see how well it worked tomorrow.

There are vinyl products that come with 1/4 soft foam bonded to the back. That would be my choice.
To each his own, but carpet would make me feel like I fell asleep drunk in the landscaping

There are vinyl products that come with 1/4 soft foam bonded to the back. That would be my choice.
To each his own, but carpet would make me feel like I fell asleep drunk in the landscaping

The Seagrass I used is woven vinyl with about 1/8" backing. It is actually pontoon boat flooring

Robert's 6700, indoor outdoor carpet adhesive from HD. I used 1/8" v-trowel for the glue and applied 2 coats of primer before install. It was a rather hot day so after applying the adhesive and cutting it in I then used a piece of rounded starboard to press it into the glue as it took a while to tack up. I will see how well it worked tomorrow.

Thought I'd give an update. The adhesive worked perfectly after full day or 2 of curing. Actually may have increased the r-value a bit as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom