Update- Remote fuel senders for tanks with no access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
I had a thread a while back regarding adding a remote tank plumbed into the tank sight tubes. I have no top access to the recently fabbed tanks the previous owner had made to replace the leaking black iron tanks. I wanted basic old school gauges. So I gathered the parts, bought some tubing and some NPT bungs and made up some remote tanks. Pressure tested them to 20 psi and then primed and painted. Drilled and tapped the sender holes and assembled. Tested them with water and a simulated tank made from PVC and they work great.

The senders and gauges were almost exactly $100 for a set of 14 inch. Most of the aluminum I had. The bungs were just a few bucks. All the extra fittings I needed about $35. So probably less than $150.

The only issue I ran into was welding things this small like the bungs with a spool gun was less than ideal. So those areas are ugly..lol. I could have done some grinding but did not want to chance inducing leaks. Ugly with no leaks at 20 psi is better than pretty and leaky.

Advantages of this set up:
Inexpensive
Easy to install
Easy to service and change parts
Indication does not move due to sloshing in heavy seas
Will be on seperate switch to view anytime

Will install next week and report how they do .

Attachments

• 20230618_193616.jpg
    20230618_193616.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230618_193541.jpg
    20230618_193541.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom