Trojan battery tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbouch

I just bought a battery tender from Trojan battery company for my Trojan house bank. I was concerned about winter storage…the directions say that the system can stay in place even in below freezing temps…anyone have any experience with this system??

Not sure if it’s a Trojan product, but I use a battery tender on my flooded batteries during winter storage. Keeping them charged keeps them from freezing.

After reading my post I realize that I wasn’t clear enough with my question…the battery tender that I was referring to was a WATER tender system. This system maintains the water within the battery at the correct level. It says you need to disconnect the water source and protect it from freezing but all the other hoses and caps can stay in place…

Lol, I see. I don’t see a problem with leaving it in place, as long as it drains the lines into the batteries.
If there’s still water in the lines and they freeze you may end up with leaks when you commission in the spring. The lines them selves will likely expand when frozen, but the fittings may have issues.

Back
Top Bottom