Trawler Exchange Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Approach

Veteran Member
Hi

We are Canadians, who have been cruising the US East coast & Bahamas for a few years now and looking to transition to the PNW (preferably BC).

We are canvasing the community to see if there is anyone in the PNW looking to explore the East Coast and would consider discussing a trawler exchange/trade.

Our boat is an economical stabilized displacement hull with naturally aspirated power in above average condition with over 1200 nm range.

PM me if interested in having a discussion.

K/r.

Are you interested in an ownership swap or just a short term trade- you use mine for a while and I use yours?

I have done the latter, trading the use of our 32' sailboat in SoCal for the use of a small trawler in the PNW. I checked with our insurance agent and he said that this would be considered loaning your boat to a friend, so he would be covered by my insurance and vice versa. I agreed with the other owner that if anything major failed the owner would be responsible for fixing it but any damage would be covered by the party that damaged it up to the insurance deductible.

This scheme worked fine, but it was just for a week.

David

Thanks for your response David. We are looking to relocate to the PNW as our grandchildren are on Vancouver Island. We have looked at running our boat around and shipping, however both options are over the top with fuel prices the way they are so we are looking for a vessel trade.
is a link to our youtube channel if you might happen to know somebody interested in this proposal or purchase.
Again, thanks for the response! cheers. J

Back
Top Bottom