Transducer for a GB 32 and degree of deadrise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STG

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Maudy
Vessel Make
1987 Grand Banks 32
Am getting a new thru hull transducer for my 1987 32 GB.
Question: What is the degree of deadrise on the 32 GB ?

Am told if 5 degrees or less I can get by with one transducer for what I want
in a new chart plotter/fish finder.

just bought the 32 GB and no records on the present transducer which seems over 10 years old and just for the depth finder.

Deadrise varies with location on most boats. Need to figure out b where you want to mount it and measure it.

Deadrise angles should be measured inside the hull at the location chosen for the transducer.

Inside the hull transducers are adjustable for various deadrise angles.

Thru the hull transducers are mounted with spacer/fairing blocks sawed to match deadrise.

And Airmar makes "Tilted Element" transducers which mount flush without a spacer or fairing.

Attachments

• p79.jpg
    p79.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32
  • _asset_images_gt_thru-hull_fairing_block_Time1579792616941.png
    _asset_images_gt_thru-hull_fairing_block_Time1579792616941.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 25
  • b164_install.jpg
    b164_install.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 55
I use a digital angle gauge to measure the hull around where I want to put the through hull. They cost $20 to $30. Find someplace that is level in the engine room and set the gauge to zero then measure where the through hull will go. I am in the process of installing 2 15-20 degree tilted array transducers for my Realvision 3D sonar. Good luck and have fun!

I guess I'm old school... here's what I used to measure for cutting the fairing block. Cheap at Harbor Freight. Just use the adjustable angle gauge and a level to set the vertical leg.
Screenshot_20220205-072251_Chrome.jpg

Down load the buble level app on your smartphone, place it on the inside of your hull where you want to install and take the reading.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom