Starting battery for Ford Lehman 120?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oak_box

Veteran Member
My boat currently has 8D's for the starting batteries.

How much does it really take to start a LF120?
Will it work on a Group 31 battery, or do I really need to parallel 2 group 31's?

One of the 8D's is bad, the other is suspect (at the very least as old as the first). I'd like to replace them with something much easier to handle.

John

I have a group 31 to start my Lehman 120 and it works fine. You should be sure to change your house set when you change your start battery. Keeping both the house set and start battery on the same schedual. If the start battery starts to fail you may not notice it if your house side is charging and is in good condition. This is especially true if you don't regulary check your start battery.

In a pinch I have used a Group 24 to start my Lehman... easily started it.

But I went up in size just in case I needed a bit more cranking time for whatever reason.

In a pinch I have used a Group 24 to start my Lehman... easily started it.

But I went up in size just in case I needed a bit more cranking time for whatever reason.

+1 on this (used a 24 when working in boat and batteries were out.

That being said, there was a time when chasing down a fuel issue that I ran down 2 new series 31 AGM deep cycles diagnosing the problem (offshore on a trip). Having a bunch in reserve is a nice policy

Thank you guys for the feedback, that's VERY helpful input!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom