Norwalk CT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danderer

Guru
Vessel Name
Infinity
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 48
Plan to visit with some family. Any recommendations for a spot for a few days?

Dock or mooring fine. Dog-friendly required. 53' LOA, 5' draft.

Thanks.

Are you a member of a yacht club?

In Norwalk try Cove Marina.

I know Rex Marine in Norwalk routinely handles some fairly large boats, so they should have a spot for you with plenty of water.

Yes to club membership.

Norwalk Cove could work. Rex says only up to 50' though certainly worth a call.

Norwalk Cove is your best bet if you want to stay in Norwalk.

Sent you a PM.

I know Rex Marine in Norwalk routinely handles some fairly large boats, so they should have a spot for you with plenty of water.

Careful. Having accommodations and having availability are mutually exclusive. Just because they can take a larger boat doesn't mean those slips are free at those times.

I do not know about the last 2 years but we never had a problem getting a slip at Norwalk Cove Marina - except for when the boat show was there in Sept.
They have fuel, a decent marine store, some cookout stations with tables and chairs and clean bathrooms and showers - small on the big boat side and larger on the small boat side.
The also used to have a courtesy van that could take you to town or to other places like Stew Lenard's to stock up if that was a goal.
You could also take an Uber or you dinghy to the town dock which may have 5' at low water but only on the 'outside' docks.

Stew Leonards is highly recommended for provisioning. Much better quality than the average grocery store. Also, there is a good restaurant and marine supply store on the marina grounds as well. They don't have a pool or other "resort" amenities, but otherwise a pretty full-service marina.

Last edited:
Norwalk Cove is your best bet if you want to stay in Norwalk.

Holy buckets talk about a blast from the pass. I was raised in Norwalk from about 6 mos old til leaving for college. I worked at Cove for several summers. Starting when I was about 13, another guy and I had our own boat washing business. we'd wash from the scuppers up...for a buck a foot...including scrubbing the teak. Made some friends, got a job crewing part time on a 44' Pearson Ketch, got another job crewing up to Montreal for expo. Worked on a converted harbor tanker from wW2 that had been convereted to research. All kinds of cool stuff. That kind of dates me back to the mid 60's. Spent our spare time down at Cove just hanging out looking for gigs, or run over to Calf Pasture Beach for a swim and to see if the girls were out.

toni

Thanks all - appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom