The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loopready

Hi, new to the forum, and just getting into trawlers. Sold our Gibson 36 to make room for the next. We're looking at a Heritage 36 west Indian. Is it possible to tap into the closed cooling to heat the fresh water while traveling? It has a Perkins 6-354. Planning on the loop spring of 2026.

Welcome aboard. It certainly is possible and not too difficult to heat the water with the engine.

Hello to the Trawler Forum. I am also new here and have been reading some of the posts. I am 65 and still running my own business but my wife asked me pointedly what I want to do when I retire. One thing that interests me is to cruise along the Great Loop, probably in parts at first. So I have been trying to get a handle on what shallow water cruising would be like. Part of that is figuring out what type of boat would be good, is reasonably priced, and could do the job comfortably enough. I think I am looking for a single screw Grand Banks 36. I'd prefer to find one along the Loop rather than on the West Coast. Any suggestions are welcome. One Miracle at a time! Thank you for reading. Petehdgs Virginia

Hi, new to the forum, and just getting into trawlers. Sold our Gibson 36 to make room for the next. We're looking at a Heritage 36 west Indian. Is it possible to tap into the closed cooling to heat the fresh water while traveling? It has a Perkins 6-354. Planning on the loop spring of 2026.
Yes if your water heater is capable of it.

You can also hook up a "bus heater" that can take the chill out of the cabin while travelling too.

I did hot water direct from the engine and bus heater via heat exchanger for a little added safety, probably should have done the water heater to. Safety in the sense of coolant hose failure impacting your engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom