New to the forum from Buffalo, NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Formeypi

Hello All,
Just signed up to immerse myself in as much information as I can about owning and living on a Trawler. My knowledge is very limited, owning a small 18’ pontoon boat with a 60hp motor. Family fun, fishing and catching sunsets on the water. Nothing better. A retired Police Officer, who is trying to convince my wife it would be an awesome retirement, traveling the loop, the Bahamas and who knows where else. She is about 16 months away from retirement. Hoping to be motoring within 24 months.

Welcome aboard TF.
This would beva goid time to join ABC America's Boating Club (formerly known as US Power Squadron) and start taking some classes. There are several that will be of use to you and some chapters are now including on the water sessions.
Swiftwater chapter is likely your closest.

Welcome aboard as well! Great place to learn about slow boaters. Trawler is a kind of nebulous term, but for most, it is a boat that people don't care about going fast in! Your best bet is to do some searches about people like yourselves, new to boating who have taken the plunge. We're on our third "large boat" (over 30'), and have probably taken a larger plunge than many, but we're loving it!
Once again Welcome aboard!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. As well as suggested classes (for you BOTH) I would suggest you rent a "trawler" to get a taste of what you might be in for. Try a couple of rental sessions. Go to boat shows, walk the docks and start looking NOW.

The (rental) may or may not convince the "Mrs." as to HER desires. IF she is not 100% on board with the idea perhaps it isn't in the cards. Sure, it's going to cost $$ but that's MUCH better than making a $$$$$ mistake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom