New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robsley

Vessel Make
Mastercraft
Hi,
My name is Rob. My Avatar picture is of WHEC 722 Morgenthau, I served on her from 1984 to 1987. I am a boat owner, Mastercraft X25. I will be selling it in the spring. I am trying to narrow down what I would like for the Great loop in 7 years when I retire. Maybe sooner, you never know. I plan to use it in on the Tennessee river for the next few years as I update and get it ready for the loop. The plan is to live onboard for two years maybe longer or shorter depending on my first mate. The second year I would like to go up the east coast and visit New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. 7 years may seem like quite a while but once summer 2024 gets here i will be down to 6 years.

Last edited:
Welcome to TF. Lots of info on here. Best of luck in your travels.:flowers:

Welcome aboard, robsley! Your timeline seems to allow you the time you need to prepare for a loop. Best of luck in your loop boat hunt. There are many, many different boat types that have completed the loop, and no single type is THE answer. I have never contemplated a loop, but I have been on all of it except the Hudon and the Erie Canal. I told myself after a long slog UP the Mississippi River from Cairo to Grafton, that I would never attempt that direction of travel in a boat that could not cruise at 12 knots.

Back
Top Bottom