New member....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephan_H

Hi, just wanted to say hi!

I found this forum which I will dig into immediately!

I am planning to buy a new Trawler and go around the world in a few years time from now when I retire! I am interested in suggestions and oppinions of choice of trawler from this forum.

Budget: 1000.000 USD
CE Class: A
Material: Steel/aluminium
2 or 3 staterooms with en suite
Range: 2000 or above

So far I have been found the following of interest:

- Sturier
- Deep water yachts
- Kadey Krogen
- Holterman
- Jachtbouwer

What have I missed?

Cheers,

Stephan

Oh, man, you've missed plenty, but others will be quick to fill you in. Welcome to TF, and prepare for lots of 'helpful' incoming... :flowers:

SH
Why not FRP? Your options are limited otherwise. You did note KK which are FRP. A KK 48 or Nordhavn 47/52 comes close. Budget $100,000 and a year to get ocean ready as most vessels will be over 10 years old. Do you have sailing experience?

Check out the travels of a KK 42 called Dauntless. Richard B is an amazing guy who traveled many oceans on that vessel. There are many blog sites to read by blue water cruisers who've done your planned travels. Good luck.

Last edited:
With a budget like that you have your choice of just about every boat in the world, some nearly new.

Welcome Aboard,

pete

With a budget like that you have your choice of just about every boat in the world, some nearly new. pete

Pete
1 million doesn't go very far for even a 10+ year old proven and in good shape blue water vessel matching the OP's list.

Back
Top Bottom