Marine Traffic software bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomerang

Guru
Vessel Name
Wandering Star
Vessel Make
Hatteras 42 LRC
Is everyone else having an issue with Marine Traffic website since their software update a few days ago? I use it at home on a chromebook and at work on a laptop and in both instances, the zoom in/out functions are covered by the menu bar and the land and water colors have been inverted, which is less intuitive for me.
I get around the menu bar issue hiding the zoom keys by holding the control & pressing the - key which brings the zoom keys back into view but the icons are quite small when I do that.
It's ironic because Marine Traffic just gave me a free trial subscription at work to see if it helped with tracking our fleet but unless they get these bugs remedied, I'll stick with the free version.

First pic, Marine Traffic as it appears on my screen now. Maybe I'll get used to white water and blue-gray land because ship targets show up better but IDK. The zoom is hidden.
2nd pic, I use my control & - keys to bring the zoom into view but the Marine Traffic screen is tiny.
Just my Sunday morning grips...I'm blaming my grouchiness on the time change.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-05 6.54.30 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-05 6.54.30 AM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2023-11-05 6.54.04 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-05 6.54.04 AM.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 22
This is occurring on several sites. Lower the zoom on your browser brings +/- in view

Last edited:
Try this.

Right hand side tool bar, topmost button looks likes an unfolding chart of old. Click that.

Select Satellite Map.
Virginia turns back to mostly green and the water, shades of black.
It's now a picture from space.

Marine Traffic is notoriously buggy. Seems like software QA is not something they have heard about!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom