Maintenance Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backinblue

Guru
Vessel Name
Blue Moon
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 355
My pilot 31/355 had some stubborn mildew stains on the headliner in the cockpit. Tried soft scrub and bleach but couldn't get the stains out. I remembered a product I used on home leather furniture that was amazing. I tried it on the headliner (not real leather) and 2 coats made it look like new. Easy to do with a foam paintbrush. Highly recommended for home/car/boat leather or vinyl. I was a little leery because it's not real leather but worked amazing. Pictures available on request. I used "cream" color and it matched perfectly. Lots of colors available. Available from wood-n-stuff.com. Truly amazing stuff. Easy to use and holds up great. Goes a long way. Best to pour the small 4oz. jar into a larger container and use a 4" brush. 2 jars gave 2+ coats on the entire liner. Looks like new. Couldn't be happier. May also do the seats in white at some point. The pictures on the website don't lie. Thought I'd pass it along.

Greetings,
Mr. b. I request pictures, please. What is the name of the product and is it paint? Bleach? Cleaner???

I will post some pictures. Go to wood-n-stuff.com. It's the only product on the site. It's called "The Original Leather Refinish Color Restorer." It's more of a leather dye than paint. But it leaves a protective coating as well as restoring the surface.

20200419_111310.jpg20200430_084751.jpg20200419_111436.jpg

Pictures attached show before and after treatment. This does not remove the stains but does a good job of covering them.

How long ago did you use this stuff ? The proof is in something that can last a few seasons.

pete

Just did it this year. However, I have had great results on home leather furniture. not only did it restore it to "new", but several years later it still looks great with daily use. In the case of the boat, I tried several cleaners, bleach, etc, with very little effect. Even if this needs another coat every few years, it's well worth it and easy to apply. You can see from the pics, the results are pretty dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom