Mainship Interior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaFlorida

Veteran Member
Hello, we own a 2009 34 Mainship.

I’m getting ready to clean the interior. Was wondering if anyone has experience with the right products for the interior wood walls, flooring and the fabric on the ceilings?

The fabric on the ceiling is in good condition and just needs a little wipe down possibly. I’m concerned about using harsh chemicals that might discolor/ damage the fabric.

Thank you,
Linda

Linda
Just some thoughts based on prior woodworking & boat projects.

Synthetic teak flooring is a vinyl sheet product so any vinylnfloor cleaner should work & be safe for the floor

Interior walkls are a combination of synthetic (formica like) wood grain skin and real cherry wood trim, cabinet doors, etc. I've used Murphy Oil Soap on real wood with good results. Just don't go overboard, leaving a lot of solution on the wood, wipe it down to remove more dirt & reduce moisture absorbed... micro fiber towels work great and are easily washed out.

Synthetic flat panels - any cleaner spray (fantastic, etc) or solution (spic & span) wiped on and wiped off should work fine.

I have not attempted to clean the vinyl coated fabric on headliner & walls so no experience there.

Our Carpet in fwd cabin was a disaster, in spite of PO little use. & low hrs, and decided to tear it out & replace it with PlasTeak sheet mat'l duplicating / matching what is on the salon / saloon floor. I posted a project summary in the Marlow-MS section.
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46119

Last edited:
We have used Oxyclean on fabric headliners with good success.

Thank you for your reply. I will use your advice for the walls and flooring. We will also be sanding down one of the moldings that surrounds the countertop near the gallery sink. Hopefully I can match the color with the correct stain.

Thankfully the carpet in the state room area is in great shape. Your new PlasTeak sheet flooring project looks beautiful.

Thank you for your advice!

Would you happen to know the name/manufacturer of the fabric that is on the walls and ceilings?

Linda
I searched the 34T/HT BOM and couldn't find any headliner listed. Only thing I did find was for"Hull liner" and the Mfg was Whisper Wall. I don't know if that is the matl used in the fwd cabin "walls" which I think has a foam backing or if it refers to the sound reducing material in the engine room??
I did find their website and the only thing I could think of is to contact them to see if they have any record or material supplied to Mainship. Its a long shot but nothing to lose?
Pls report back if you learn anything worth sharing.

We replaced the headliner in a previous boat with some foam backed headliner made by Red Rum, I believe, and of course almost as soon as we got done I got it dirty. My wife used Oxyclean on it and it came out perfectly. We now use Oxyclean for a lot of soft goods cleaning.

I reached out to the manufacturer Whisper Walls… I’ll let you know what they say.
Thanks,

Linda
I scan through the larger files of MS, Luhrs & Hunter parts and didn't find anthing that looked like the wall / ceiling material.
Only other thought occurred to me was that an outfit called Gioia Sales supplied MS with canvas, furniture and other soft goods. I used to purchase Sunbrella from them and they were rather helpful. You might try contacting them to see if they have any info.

Gioia Sales https://gioiasails.com/home/index.php

I have dealt with Donnie at their NJ location and actually met his brother (I think it was) who runs the FL location, at a boat show many yrs ago.

Rob with Wisper Walls reached back to me with the following information: Good to know that there are companies still out there that respond and care…

Hi Linda,
Thank you for your inquiry through our website (below.) It’s good to read our panels have worked well on your ceilings and upper walls. Whisper Walls manufactures the maintenance-free and concealed polymer track behind the facing material used. We do not manufacture the facing material you need cleaned. Marine installations are unique, using specialized materials and installation techniques. Majilite, Inc. manufactures fabrics commonly used on marine panels. A link to their website is here. Mainship likely purchased our components from a Whisper Walls distributor, we would not have a record of that transaction. I hope Majilite will provide cleaning recommendations to you. Best wishes for a quick resolution to this matter.
Regards,
Rob Gleason

WW09.jpg
10957 E. Bethany Drive, Aurora, CO 80014
Phone: 800-527-7817 or 303-671-6696 ext. 126
www.whisperwalls.com

I received a reply from Majilite regarding the cleaning instructions. I will upload the two (2) PDF’s.

Thank you for your email and we hope you are well.

I have attached our cleaning instructions and user guide for your review.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Mr. Dara Pinn
Marketing

MAJILITE
1530 Broadway Road | Dracut, Massachusetts, USA 01826
Direct: +1.978.703.7229 | Main: +1.978.441.6800 x 7229
dpinn@majilite.com| www.majilite.com

Attachments

• Nytek Cleaning Instructions.pdf
    265.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Users Guide 2010REV3.pdf
    360.5 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts